• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2019

Spark

Global Moderator
It's October and a completely random T20 series that almost no one knew was happening against a **** team. I don't think these crowds are representative.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's October and a completely random T20 series that almost no one knew was happening against a **** team. I don't think these crowds are representative.
It's also a Wednesday pre-holiday period. A better check of health would be the Pakistan series as there's at least some buildup and at least for the Sydney game the time is better.

Unfortunately there's zero LOI cricket during the traditional summer period.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be worried about the state of affairs in Brisbane if there was a sizeable crowd in attendance

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
CA obviously focussing on T20s at expense of ODIswith home World Cup next year.

Don't think there's anything wrong with that except Oz have treated T20s at home as afterthoughts in scheduling and team selection for so long (except when had tri-series with NZ & Eng couple of years ago) that fans have just tuned out.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's also a Wednesday pre-holiday period. A better check of health would be the Pakistan series as there's at least some buildup and at least for the Sydney game the time is better.

Unfortunately there's zero LOI cricket during the traditional summer period.
I think there is a little build up to the game here, but that's purely because there always is for int'l cricket involving the actual men's team here. The novelty hasn't worn off yet.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just think T20 is too long. If we reduced the game by 20 balls id be there in a heartbeat.

the big bambino

International Captain
Starting to come around to the consensus on Cummins' speed. Don't think I can believe any longer he's going to regularly hit the 145+ speeds. Not that it matters though. He's swift enough and has the versatility to bowl short or full and take wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is a little strange that there wasn't more see smith bat for australia in australia for the first in ages type of promotion.

It could have possibly motivated some people.

Lol at Warne.. I love how he mentions Mark Waugh always but never Steve.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Who was it that said we shouldn't worry about Finch's T20 form?

Last 15 games, 1 fifty, 4 ducks, averaging 13.66. I'm worried.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really ****s me when bowlers cbf to get back to the stumps when there's a run out on. You're not a spectator, you're actually kind of important in that situation!
Again. Not even just the bowler. U13s ****.