• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2017/18

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rangana Herath, in the 15th over, on a pitch that's been pretty mean. Slip, short leg, leg gully are catches. Almost every else is on the boundary
whoa

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I think Akila will get a good return tomorrow..if the pitch stays like this, it won't get to day 5..

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally watched the highlights. Horrible cricket from Mominul to get run out. A very nice innings from Mendis.

cnerd123

likes this
Herath to Mehidy Hasan, SIX, what a shot! That has come out from nowhere. Positive intent from Mehidy who doesn't want to let the veteran settle. Dances down the track to this flighted delivery and lofts it dead straight down the ground. Goes all the way. Superb batting

61/4 and the nightwatchman Miraz does this.

This is whats wrong with BD Cricket

Hope these two keep going on

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Herath to Mehidy Hasan, SIX, what a shot! That has come out from nowhere. Positive intent from Mehidy who doesn't want to let the veteran settle. Dances down the track to this flighted delivery and lofts it dead straight down the ground. Goes all the way. Superb batting

61/4 and the nightwatchman Miraz does this.

This is whats wrong with BD Cricket

Hope these two keep going on
I think it's fine. If he did it yesterday it would've been stupid obviously, but the nightwatchman throwing the bat a bit the following morning is generally a decent strategy if they have the game for it IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's actually looking every bit the upper middle order batsman he was in Under 19 cricket right now, too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shabbir in for Moses was such a prank selection, I can't stress this enough.
I have this theory that Bangladesh planned a road first up and then a grubby shootout for the 2nd Test which they believe maximizes their chances of a series win.

They know Shabbir has hacked his way to some decent runs on dodgy tracks in the past (v Eng and v Aus) which is why they've taken him here. It's dumb but possible.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have this theory that Bangladesh planned a road first up and then a grubby shootout for the 2nd Test which they believe maximizes their chances of a series win.

They know Shabbir has hacked his way to some decent runs on dodgy tracks in the past (v Eng and v Aus) which is why they've taken him here. It's dumb but possible.
This is extremely likely IMO. Mahmudullah almost said as much between Tests.