• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka and Pakistan in UAE 2017

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting accusation given he scored over half the runs from less than half the overs, and seemed to spend his first 50 runs trying to get out before scoring at better than a run a ball.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Interesting accusation given he scored over half the runs from less than half the overs, and seemed to spend his first 50 runs trying to get out before scoring at better than a run a ball.
No accusation just my thoughts..as for trying to get on with it earlier, I saw absolutely no rotation of strike when the Pakistani's were closing the net on us..for me that's basic cricket and something that should be happening. We can't just sit and assume that as we have 50 overs, we will just knock them off..I appreciate that he scored that proportion of the runs but I just felt that his running was awful..

smash84

The Tiger King
yep, yorkslanka has a point. The pitch wasn't easy to bat on. It is extremely important to rotate strike on any pitch, but especially on such slow surfaces.

smash84

The Tiger King
That's an understatement. What he is doing with the LO team he got is nothing short of fascinating.
well, he did something which many had been saying for a long time i.e. throw out the trash like Wahab, khatmals, and the other miscellaneous other trash. Although why he hasn't gotten rid of ahmed shahzad is a mystery to me.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Shehzad is not in his first xi tbh. Azhar Ali will replace him when fit. Shehzad wouldn't even be his first reserve opener, but can't blame Arthur for Sharjeel being a dumb ****.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah but he still keeps shahzad close enough to the main squad. Shahzad needs to be avoided like the plague.

Rumors are that Salmon butts is close to a national recall.

pdsubraa

Cricket Spectator
Why is the agression lost in Srilanka? Where is the strike rotation? Really upset with their performace

Himannv

International Coach
Since when has Tharanga rotated the strike in games? That's just not how he plays IMO. The bigger problem is that our batting simply sucks.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Mendis is running out of chances to prove he's gonna be the next big thing in SL batting

Dickwella is coming along nicely though

SeamUp

International Coach
This hopefully keeps Shahzad away from the Pakistan ODI team now.

Remember Imam from the u19 CWC

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah Mendis is running out of chances to prove he's gonna be the next big thing in SL batting

Dickwella is coming along nicely though
If Thirimanne and Kapugedara are afforded so many chances hopefully Mendis is too. He does need to buck up though because it shouldn't be a case of him holding onto a position in this line-up.

Dhananjaya da Silva is one that got thrown to the keep far to quick especially for those 2 I mentioned above.