• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I guess you are right and I was going over the top, but isn't the case based on the evidence NOTW provided, because if they had more stuff then surely Kakmal and co would also be facing criminal charges, plus the money was recovered from Butt because he claimed they were for his sisters wedding and the only thing related to Aamir that NOTW provided was the video footage and the phone conversation with Majeed in which he was sort of threatening Aamir. That is why I'm OK with Butt for going to prison because he received the money but from the evidence it seems Asif and Aamir only bowled no-balls (but they should be banned for life).

What is your opinion, do you have any sympathy for him or do you think he should go to jail?
I would think it unlikely they would go to jail if they are just guilty on the cheating charge and not the corruption - especially if they could make it stick that they were heavily pressured. If they were more deeply involved in the planning of the scheme, I think a jail sentence would be more likely.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Unless Aamir is Keyser Soze and acting like Verbal Kint, he isn't smart enough to be involved in the planning process of this spot fixing incident. The kid can't even plan what shirt to wear to a hearing :laugh: he was probably told or threatened to bowl a no-ball for a financial reward.

Debris

International 12th Man
There looked to be ample evidence that Prior, Haddin, Dhoni, and about another hundred others have cheated or tried to cheat in an international and I dont see them being banned for life or having their freedom taken away
:laugh: Are you serious trying to say these are of the same seriousness as match fixing?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they are found guilty they probably should be banned for life, even though I don't think bowling a few no-balls is that serious.

brockley

International Captain
From what i heard the decision is named today at the icc headquarters in dubai,in the morning.
Its the accused that want a delay as it will effect their charges in england,but the charges may take 1/2 years to take place,so it would be silly to wait for that.
Decision today,no delay.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what i heard the decision is named today at the icc headquarters in dubai,in the morning.
Its the accused that want a delay as it will effect their charges in england,but the charges may take 1/2 years to take place,so it would be silly to wait for that.
Decision today,no delay.
When should we expect the verdict in Australian time? Tonight or tomorrow morning?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: Are you serious trying to say these are of the same seriousness as match fixing?
There is no evidence whatsoever that the Pakistanis were trying to fix a match

What they did was the equivalent of a pitcher throwing a "ball" in baseball or a tennis player serving a fault in tennis at completely inconsequential times and it had absolutely no chance of affecting the outcome of the match

However, if Prior had "gotten away" with his actions the other night, it may well have done

If it proven that they money to bowl no balls without duress, then ban them

But banning them for life is the equivalent of sentencing someone to death for minor assault and the threat of jail just proves it is a witch-hunt IMO

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
There is no evidence whatsoever that the Pakistanis were trying to fix a match

What they did was the equivalent of a pitcher throwing a "ball" in baseball or a tennis player serving a fault in tennis at completely inconsequential times and it had absolutely no chance of affecting the outcome of the match

However, if Prior had "gotten away" with his actions the other night, it may well have done

If it proven that they money to bowl no balls without duress, then ban them

But banning them for life is the equivalent of sentencing someone to death for minor assault and the threat of jail just proves it is a witch-hunt IMO
It's a strange world where I'm pretty much in complete agreement with social.