• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
My heart sinks when I see Coverton take loads of wickets. We know he's not international class but this kind of performance will get him the number eight spot for the first test for sure.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
My heart sinks when I see Coverton take loads of wickets. We know he's not international class but this kind of performance will get him the number eight spot for the first test for sure.
I watched the first hour or so after lunch. Robinson bowled a pretty good spell and deserved more than the solitary wicket than he eventually took. Then Overton came on, looked relatively innocuous, and promptly took another couple to add the the ones that he claimed before lunch. I'm not convinced that Coverton will be first pick at the start of the SA series though. Stokes has made it clear that he wants Broad and Anderson every time, Potts has done well and Leach has probably done enough.

FBU

International Debutant
I watched till tea and wouldn't watch a Test if Robinson, Cook, Overton and Connors were the bowlers.
Where are Nortje and Ngidi? Don't they need practice with the red ball?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched till tea and wouldn't watch a Test if Robinson, Cook, Overton and Connors were the bowlers.
Where are Nortje and Ngidi? Don't they need practice with the red ball?
I can imagine one of them will miss out for Jansen (provided Rabada's fit) but seems a bit odd that neither is playing.

Marius

International Debutant
Zondo has probably played himself into the XI with that knock.

So, we'll probably see something like this:

- Elgar
- Erwee
- Petersen
- RVDD
- Ryan Ricks
- Zondo
- Verrynne
- Jansen
- Maharaj
- Rabada
- Ngidi

Could possibly go in with five batsmen (Zondo would probably miss out then) and play Harmer or Nortje.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Zondo has probably played himself into the XI with that knock.

So, we'll probably see something like this:

- Elgar
- Erwee
- Petersen
- RVDD
- Ryan Ricks
- Zondo
- Verrynne
- Jansen
- Maharaj
- Rabada
- Ngidi

Could possibly go in with five batsmen (Zondo would probably miss out then) and play Harmer or Nortje.
I think they may play Zondo in place of Rickelton... and play Harmer as well. Outside Chance Nortje in for Ngidi.

Marius

International Debutant
I think they may play Zondo in place of Rickelton... and play Harmer as well. Outside Chance Nortje in for Ngidi.
Would rather play Rickelton ahead of VDD, man has been in great form in England. But think what you suggest is what could happen.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While playing 2 spinners difficult to include 4th seamer. They have a hard on for Jansen. And It is a 50/50 choice between Ngidi and Nortje.
5 frontline bowlers definitely isn't a good idea for SA since none of them are good enough for #7. Dumping Ngidi would be very unfair also as he was top class in SA's last series. I'm a big fan of Nortje's work on away tours to WI and Pakistan though so have a soft spot for him.

Stefan9

International Debutant
5 frontline bowlers definitely isn't a good idea for SA since none of them are good enough for #7. Dumping Ngidi would be very unfair also as he was top class in SA's last series. I'm a big fan of Nortje's work on away tours to WI and Pakistan though so have a soft spot for him.
Ngidi didn't play in the last SA series. He along with kg, jansen, nortje, markram and van der dussen missed the Bangladesh series due to ipl commitments.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ngidi didn't play in the last SA series. He along with kg, jansen, nortje, markram and van der dussen missed the Bangladesh series due to ipl commitments.
Oh yea, I meant the India series. Easy to see how I forgot about BD touring SA.