• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is there something in the Bloem pitch? Seems like lots of starts but only van Tonder gone on. Poor application from the other batsmen?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
If only we could pick the side. :laugh:

I'm betting ours would look very different from the one that will end up taking the field.
I can understand that they are trying to win matches and are worried about throwing the youngsters in at the deep end. RSA cricket attitude is overly conservative and this is an opportunity to break away from that mindset. The youngsters will not always produce, due to their inexperience, and will need help with their game. But it is amazing how quickly talented players can learn given the correct environment. It would be different if we had no talent to select but we actually have plenty of talent, they are just lacking opportunity to prove themselves.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
@SeamUp. Mate, any info on Ruan de Swardt?
He could be an under the radar one, mate.

Had a choice of rugby or cricket and chose the later obviously.

More of a batting all-rounder. But is quite skilful with the ball. It is why I think they opened the bowling with him.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Qeshile out early, and the Warriors batting collapsing. Will say it has been terrible cold weather yesterday and today so could not be easy batting conditions. But still not good.

van Tonder appears to be forging onwards... like he often does.

Bahseph

State Captain
I mentioned it before,but I'm very suspect of the Dolphins batting line up. I think it's top heavy at the moment. I really *want* more from Muthusamy and Phelukwayo. So far so good for de Swart!

Markram needs a string of good scores. We all know he has potential, but he is at the stage where he could be a "potential" player like Duminy.

SeamUp

International Coach
Qeshile out early, and the Warriors batting collapsing. Will say it has been terrible cold weather yesterday and today so could not be easy batting conditions. But still not good.

van Tonder appears to be forging onwards... like he often does.
Looks like an interesting game in PE and I do suspect it hasn't been easy to bat. These 200-250 scores are always the best though.

Raynard going big. No surprises.

SeamUp

International Coach
I mentioned it before,but I'm very suspect of the Dolphins batting line up. I think it's top heavy at the moment. I really *want* more from Muthusamy and Phelukwayo. So far so good for de Swart!

Markram needs a string of good scores. We all know he has potential, but he is at the stage where he could be a "potential" player like Duminy.
Nice top 4. Definitely winning title material. But agree - I've never been sold on Muthasamy and Andile is starting to look more and more just limited overs cricket. Also think the bowling lacks experienced striking power , especially for the inland wickets.

Not sure how any of these Proteas are sticking up their hands. They all continue to fail including P.Malan (surprise surprise LBW) & Hamza second time around.

Bahseph

State Captain
Nice top 4. Definitely winning title material. But agree - I've never been sold on Muthasamy and Andile is starting to look more and more just limited overs cricket. Also think the bowling lacks experienced striking power , especially for the inland wickets.

Not sure how any of these Proteas are sticking up their hands. They all continue to fail including P.Malan (surprise surprise LBW) & Hamza second time around.
I think with Muthusamy the problem is his bowling is never going to develop imo because is the same bowler as Keshav. And if Keshav is playing for the Dolphins then Subrayen comes in. His batting has not kicked on at all though. Admittedly I have a soft spot for him due to family etc but I understand your reservations SeamUp.

Andile to me has a good cricketing mind. And that's probably why he is good at LO cricket. He can adjust to situations well(partnership breaking,death bowling,chasing in LO games)but I don't think he has the quality to nail down long form batting or bowling. He is still young so hopefully he develops,but playing for SA is going to make him miss chunks of the FC season.

Dendarii

International Debutant
The problem with most of the players who have been touted as allrounders is that none of those who bowl seam are going to make the side on their bowling alone, and Muthusamy and Linde are unlikely to supplant Maharaj any time soon, unless he gets injured or has a really bad run of form.

So that means they've got to be able to make the team on the basis of their batting. That doesn't necessarily mean that they've got to be good enough to play as a pure batsmen, but they've still got to come close. And the only ones I see at the moment capable of doing that are Mulder and Linde (based more on recent form than career stats), and the latter would probably only come under consideration in the subcontinent, as I don't see us playing two spinners very often otherwise.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Shamsi taking apart the Warriors batting line-up with 8 wickets. Not a good batting performance once again from the Warriors. Was so hopeful this team was building into something good last year.

Verreynne with another 50 run score.

SeamUp

International Coach
I've heard there is unease in the Warriors camp similar to what happened at the Cobras with Paul Adams.

Only Breetzke and Cloete passed 50 for the Warriors in 4 total innings ?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I've heard there is unease in the Warriors camp similar to what happened at the Cobras with Paul Adams.

Only Breetzke and Cloete passed 50 for the Warriors in 4 total innings ?
Not good to hear. Peterson is coach right? I can believe that something is not right, with the unexpected manner in which Warriors lost players and also now with these performance from a team that looked so good the last few years.

SeamUp

International Coach
Maybe Shamsi was bowling really well on a surface that was helpful? It happens!
It wasn't to do with that dismissal. More since his move to the Warriors he averages 30. And tbf it didn't look like batting was easy at all in PE like you say.

It has long made me think around how do you value runs inland v coastal ? So tough.

But yeah Shamo bowling really nicely. Hope it continues. Always say it with him, can he find that next level ? Can he find more to be an undroppable Protea through performance.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know if it’s possible to get today’s live stream of Lions v Knights in the UK?
It would be nice to get it in SA!! They have not even been doing ball by ball scoring!

Pitch vision is the only possibility I know of and I don't think they are broadcasting live! @SeamUp likely to know.

Woodster

International Captain
It would be nice to get it in SA!! They have not even been doing ball by ball scoring!

Pitch vision is the only possibility I know of and I don't think they are broadcasting live! @SeamUp likely to know.
But I’m right in thinking that the live streaming starts today, in theory at least?