• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The Warriors just not having a good match... been miserable cricket conditions with all the wind as well!

SeamUp

International Coach
The Warriors just not having a good match... been miserable cricket conditions with all the wind as well!
It's so frustrating. My main team is **** and my 2nd team isn't much better. :(

Not sure if I would be more frustrated if the Warriors bowled poorly or batted poorly. The wicket looks green.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if I would be more frustrated if the Warriors bowled poorly or batted poorly. The wicket looks green.
I suspect that they bowled poorly under Marshall playing an aggressive counter-attack. And with Walters being the only experienced bowler, probably fell apart.

SeamUp

International Coach
I suspect that they bowled poorly under Marshall playing an aggressive counter-attack. And with Walters being the only experienced bowler, probably fell apart.
I think you spot on and then they were forced to bowl Ntuli 22 overs on day 1 who went for 122.

Warriors could have really done with Stuurman.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
End of SA cricket? 7 coloured player quota to be introduced by 2022/23
Standard of the domestic game has been weak for years. 1 more won’t help but it’s not like the domestic game or South Africa are in any decent shape at present. Shame as they had a couple decent wins against Australia earlier in the year and it was good seeing the likes of Malan and Verreynne perform. Then they return and you see tried and tested dross wheeled out again.

Bahseph

State Captain
So basically do the suits think that they have done enough at a school/grassroots level to have enough international quality black players by then? Rubbish if you ask me. I know how sport is at non "Model C" schools here in Durban. It isn't the best.

Dendarii

International Debutant
If you're a white bowler then you might as well give up cricket and go and play rugby (or find some way of getting a British passport). There simply aren't the black batsmen around, so the only way they can meet the targets is to permanently have non-white bowling attacks.

Last edited:

Dendarii

International Debutant
Mulder gets his century the second time around. That was quite the partnership he had with Rapulana - 62 runs of which Rapulana only scored 8. I'd ask how can you not select him for the test side, but we're painfully aware that the selectors don't share our mindset.

SeamUp

International Coach
If you're a white bowler then you might as well give up cricket and go and play rugby (or find some way of getting a British passport). There simply aren't the black batsmen around, so the only way they can meet the targets is to permanently have non-white bowling attacks.
Good luck keeping these guys happy.

24-27 : Markram, J.Malan, Rickelton, Ackerman, Roelofsen, Nortje, Dupavillon, M.Pretorius

19-23 : Richards, Bird, Breetzke, van Tonder, Mulder, Verreynne, Parsons, de Swardt, Coetzee, Jansen, E.Bosch

The last group should be looking to New Zealand asap do a Devon Conway.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

24-27 : Markram, J.Malan, Rickelton, Ackerman, Roelofsen, Nortje, Dupavillon, M.Pretroius

19-23 : Richards, Bird, Breetzke, van Tonder, Mulder, Verreynne, Parsons, de Swardt, Coetzee, Jansen, E.Bosch

Those that can probably are...

It would also be nice though if we actually started picking those guys and playing them in the first place. Another issue that is just not being spoken of though is not all those players would make the team regardless of quotas. But not having the money here in SA to actually play FC cricket and make a living is also an issue so that also corresponds to people heading overseas if they can make a better living.

SeamUp

International Coach
Those that can probably are...

It would also be nice though if we actually started picking those guys and playing them in the first place. Another issue that is just not being spoken of though is not all those players would make the team regardless of quotas. But not having the money here in SA to actually play FC cricket and make a living is also an issue so that also corresponds to people heading overseas if they can make a better living.
There are a number of issues not spoken of with regards to quotas.

Not all of them would but we need the competition to push each other and be competitive.

Also if you pick guys like Qeshile/Sipamla too soon it can put them back months/years.

It is just one monumental **** up.

Bahseph

State Captain
Nice win for my Dolphins. I know SeamUp and StephenZA are high on Dupavillon and he is the best seamer that they have. I like the look of this team. I don't see how Phelukwayo gets in here tbh.

Great for Markram and Mulder. I hope we see them involved in the next Test we play.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant

24-27 : Markram, J.Malan, Rickelton, Ackerman, Roelofsen, Nortje, Dupavillon, M.Pretorius

Marques is coloured and also the new CSA temp board did away with the old board's quota choices now back to same.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Should Cobras have contracted Cohen instead of Burger I think so. Pick leus for cobras asap and Terblanche, problem is Cobras have no bowlers for 4 dayers.