• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** South African Domestic Season 2020/21

Bahseph

State Captain
Apparently there has been a push to get some games on TV. Supersport want to stream atleast one game a round. Not sure which channel/service though

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently there has been a push to get some games on TV. Supersport want to stream atleast one game a round. Not sure which channel/service though
Looking around I found that DSTV is saying they showing the game on channel 245?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Markram doing one of his characteristic big scores just when you start to doubt him. Keeping Titans batting looking respectable. Ackerman also getting some runs again. Nice from Magala getting a 5-for, apparently bowled some dodgy balls between some absolute peaches.

Jansen, Coetzee, Mulder, Ntini (jr), and Ntanzi all playing this weekend, which is great.

SeamUp

International Coach
DSTV is streaming the Dolphins vs Lions match on the online channel 245. Difficult to find. I`m unsure what subscription you actually need.
So busy at work I can't even watch it but supposedly you can only watch it on the dstv app which is bizarre that you can't on the actual TV channel 245

SeamUp

International Coach
Markram doing one of his characteristic big scores just when you start to doubt him. Keeping Titans batting looking respectable. Ackerman also getting some runs again. Nice from Magala getting a 5-for, apparently bowled some dodgy balls between some absolute peaches.

Jansen, Coetzee, Mulder, Ntini (jr), and Ntanzi all playing this weekend, which is great.
Migael Pretorius is looking like a serious Protea candidate over his injuries. Runs and bowling like a demon.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So busy at work I can't even watch it but supposedly you can only watch it on the dstv app which is bizarre that you can't on the actual TV channel 245
Found it this morning. Not on tv only streaming. Gonna eat my data up quickly!

But full broadcast. The domestic commentary is so much better and more honest than the international commentary!?

SeamUp

International Coach
He is bowling well. They commented he looks Glenn McGrath like in action, they very right.
He does. A very economical action. Hits the seam and gets bounce.

Gerald bowling with some gas and chirping like he doesn't give a f***

We reckon he is hitting 150 ?

Even Budaza looks a changed bowler under AD.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
He does. A very economical action. Hits the seam and gets bounce.

Gerald bowling with some gas and chirping like he doesn't give a f***

We reckon he is hitting 150 ?

Even Budaza looks a changed bowler under AD.
The bouncer that got Marshall was quick.

Mulder gives his wicket away.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Players like Budaza that upset me. He obviously has real talent but only at the age of 27 does he suddenly look good. You wonder how much better he could have been if he had a man like Donald in his corner 6/7 years ago. There is so much talent going to waste in this country because of poor administration and coaching.

SeamUp

International Coach
Players like Budaza that upset me. He obviously has real talent but only at the age of 27 does he suddenly look good. You wonder how much better he could have been if he had a man like Donald in his corner 6/7 years ago. There is so much talent going to waste in this country because of poor administration and coaching.
What is our structure at the moment ?

SA Head coach : Mark Boucher
High Performance batting & bowling : Neil McKenzie and Vinnie Barnes
SA A & Academy Coach : Malibongwe Maketa
SA U19 Coach : Shukri Conrad

Titans : Mandla Mashimbyi (Geoffrey Toyana)
Lions : Wandile Gwavu (Assistant?)
Knights : Allan Donald (JP Triegaardt)
Dolphins : Imraan Khan (Quinton Friend)
Warriors : Robin Peterson (Assistant ?)
Cobras : Ashwell Prince (Faeik Davids)

Think Paul Adams (WP) & Piet Botha (EP) are the only provincial coaches that have been franchise coaches ?
The most up-and-coming coach is Richard Das Neves at Easterns who may have been promoted to Titans now.

Considering all the coaching talent we've lost and where we have been. It does seem to be getting better. So lets hope guys like Budaza can get a better education from earlier again.

Last edited: