• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South African Domestic Season 2007/08

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Should have a good run of games this year, especially with the Titan‘s bowling unit all being with the national side. And his excepted to be their opener in four day cricket.
He has opened the batting, but despite Titans using 7 bowlers in Cobras 1st Innings he didnt bowl a single over and Tahir bowled 30.

This boy can bowl as well. As I said, should have left SA a long time ago.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why hasn't Jean Symes been signed by a top level side? It would do him good IMO.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Also, any chance of this thread getting a slight change of title to 'South Africa domestic season 07/08' or something vaguely similar?
I take that as a no then.

Anyhow, Steve Harmison has signed a short term contract with the Highveld Lions, whilst on the advice of Dale Benkenstein, the Natal Dolphins have signed Liam Plunkett for four months.

http://www.supercricket.co.za/default.asp?id=232610&des=article&scat=supercricket/domesticcricket

Interesting signings. Looking forward to see how Plunkett gets on, he should enjoy bowling at Kingsmead.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ended up with career best figures, 7 for 39. He sounds an interesting prospect, can genuinely swing the ball both ways and his tall but from what I can gather he isn’t quick - which seemingly is working against him at the moment.

And I’m not sure about your evaluation of the Warriors. They have a pretty good (domestic) middle order and Davey Jacobs was a fantastic signing from the Eagles, decent bowling unit as well.

Also, any chance of this thread getting a slight change of title to 'South Africa domestic season 07/08' or something vaguely similar?
Done. Sorry for the delay; I didn't read the thread myself at first as I thought it was a mere question/answer type thing.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I take that as a no then.

Anyhow, Steve Harmison has signed a short term contract with the Highveld Lions, whilst on the advice of Dale Benkenstein, the Natal Dolphins have signed Liam Plunkett for four months.

http://www.supercricket.co.za/default.asp?id=232610&des=article&scat=supercricket/domesticcricket

Interesting signings. Looking forward to see how Plunkett gets on, he should enjoy bowling at Kingsmead.
Very interesting signings. Should help all parties involved. Though Im not sure how getting car-jacked in Jo'burg will help cure Harmison of his homesickness :)

brockley

International Captain
Wanted the year off fair enough too.
Still wondering what has happened to andrew hall its a bit of a mystery:dry: .

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kolpaks...

Fair enough...though it seems odd that he's contracted to the Cobras...out of interest, how do you know he's taking a rest? And while I'm banging on about Somerset players, any news on Neil McKenzie?

brockley

International Captain
Haven't seen the gradings,do remember klusener was graded and he ain't playing,read it on cricinfo a while ago he wanted time off before the nextt county season,
Have heard middlsex are intereested in tryon henderson,and northants in farnie devilliers as kolpaks,don't know whats happening with boje or thomas.
Last i heard on mckenzie was he was waiting on the tour party to paksitan,and that if he wasn't chosen then he would sign with somerset.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't seen the gradings,do remember klusener was graded and he ain't playing,read it on cricinfo a while ago he wanted time off before the nextt county season,
Have heard middlsex are intereested in tryon henderson,and northants in farnie devilliers as kolpaks,don't know whats happening with boje or thomas.
Last i heard on mckenzie was he was waiting on the tour party to paksitan,and that if he wasn't chosen then he would sign with somerset.
I was going to say surely you mean AB de Villiers but their is probably more chance of Fanie de Villiers coming out of his ten year retirement and signing for Northants then there is of AB going Kolpak.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why hasn't Jean Symes been signed by a top level side? It would do him good IMO.
Symes is involved with the Lions franchise, played a game last year for them and he was apart of their squad for this weeks game against the Free State Eagles. And given how poor the Lions batting has been he could find himself in the side pretty soon.

Perm

Symes is involved with the Lions franchise, played a game last year for them and he was apart of their squad for this weeks game against the Free State Eagles. And given how poor the Lions batting has been he could find himself in the side pretty soon.
Excellent, a fine young prospect who can only benefit from exposure at a higher level.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just a quick question. Does the MTN Domestic Championship get any live coverage in South Africa at all, be it via television or radio? If so, which channels?

Thanks in advance.

Perm

Anybody else here rate Heino Kuhn? Yet another good wicket-keeper batsmen in the making.

Protean

State Regular
Looks like Dale Steyn is moving to CT to be with his girlfriend so will be in the Cobras next season, awesome (if he actually plays at all).

Standard Bank T20 season has been very amusing, looking forward to watching the semi-final at Newlands on Sunday which will be full of international players. Think my favourite player of the limited overs competitions has been Ethy Mbhalati, enjoyed watching his bowling, anyone who has seen more of him than me have an opinion on him?