• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Presume the thinking here is with only 6 months to the wc there just isn't time to go for inexperienced players. Hence falling back on Parnell.

Mulder out of West Indies
I don't agree with that thinking , especially for a position that nobody has really made their own in the last few years ..They have something against George Linde for sure ..its as clear as day

Marius

International Debutant
So I can't even be arsed to follow this white ball series tbh. They've selected more or less the same group that sucked at the World Cup, ignored all of the post world cup reports recommendations (the one by Lara, Micky Arthur and a Judge). I don't see how they can select that same group and expect any different results? There's no-one new at all to watch with the future in mind. Literally the only mildly interesting thing is Shai Hope's captaincy which from what I have seen so far is pretty run of the mill.

I'll be watching our FC matches instead hoping to identify some proper batsmen for the numbers 3, 4 and 5 slots in the test side!

Seems like an extremely conservative selection tbh, the same sort of nonesense we get from Dessie et all.
Think our FC season is finished already. Ended yesterday.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I don't agree with that thinking , especially for a position that nobody has really made their own in the last few years ..They have something against George Linde for sure ..its as clear as day
Rumor going around linde told them he is unprepared to tour if he isn't going to play. Has been persona no grata since.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Rumor going around linde told them he is unprepared to tour if he isn't going to play. Has been persona no grata since.
CSA's management of players sucks , I can understand why Linde feels that way , he should have played the last T20 world cup and he just got discarded..He also performed really well in India and Pakistan , he should have got the opportunity Muthusamy got in the first test .

Dendarii

International Debutant
CSA's management of players sucks , I can understand why Linde feels that way , he should have played the last T20 world cup and he just got discarded..
While I don't disagree with that, he still can't go around saying things like that (if the rumour is indeed true). Demanding that they pick you is not going to end well..

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Obed McCoy, our premier T20 seamer, is injured and out of the tour. So who does Dessie replace him with? That's right, .... Roston Chase!

Even by our standards, Dessie is flagrantly insular. He does everything he can to get Chase in. He needs sacking.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Missed opportunity for the West Indies, no World Cup points in the ODI's to play for, probability is that they'll be playing the qualifiers in Zimbabwe during the Summer, would've been an opportunity to have a look at guys like Tevin Imlach, Nicholson Gordon and Kofi James or returns for Kevin Sinclair or Sunil Ambris.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Missed opportunity for the West Indies, no World Cup points in the ODI's to play for, probability is that they'll be playing the qualifiers in Zimbabwe during the Summer, would've been an opportunity to have a look at guys like Tevin Imlach, Nicholson Gordon and Kofi James or returns for Kevin Sinclair or Sunil Ambris.
That requires foresight!

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
On the other end of the spectrum, Pakistan have debuted about as many players as we've played tests in the last 2 years and still don't know what the best XI looks like.
Pakistan's issue is more with pitches no? There calling up domestic pacers then having the pitches play completely differently to what they do domestically while also very rarely backing any pacers consistently.