• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Linde aswell tbf. SA genuinly have the pace and spin bowling depth to be competitive anywhere around the world if there batting gets its **** together.
If we made a list of SA's best eleven players, how many batsmen would make it? Maybe Markram - and he wasn't even in the team a couple of Tests ago.

SA have at least seven bowlers better than their best batsman IMO. That's hilarious.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love that Mayers has managed an average of 18 bowling 120 km/h swingers. Yes he's helped by the Dukes ball at home, but to be honest he deserves it. Always looked a dangerous bowler when I've seen him.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I was about to say that I like the way De Zorzi is playing... and then he plays that. Been excellent bowling this morning. Putting the SA batsmen under huge pressure.

Molehill

International Captain
Am I watching a repeat of the First Test? Superb delivery from Roach to get Markram, not much you can do about that.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Really good bowling... and anybody who does not think that SA is the most difficult place in the world to bat just needs to watch this innings, yes the batting is tentative but the ball is consistently doing something. Both swing and seam. Always something for the bowler if you put it in the right area.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
As someone said to me perhaps Rickelton is simply an above average player in a dog**** league.
I would love to know what the first chance averages is for the SA players... but I do think that Rickelton is a talented player, its about temperament for me. It why I would like to see more of Breetzke because it was clear he had his struggles, but seems to have come through them and now consistently scoring runs. Whereas I don't think Rickelton has been through that yet. I am still a van Tonder fan because he has consistently scored runs except for single season (even if not always top run scorer) but tends to score big when he gets going. And that's what you want from your top 6, the temperament to get through the hard times and keep scoring big.