• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
My test side would be :

1.De Zorzi
2.Elgar
3.Petersen
4.Rickleton
5.Bavuma
6.Markram
7.Klaasen (WK)
8.Jansen
9.Maharaj
10.Rabada
11.Nortje

Batting has been really poor for us so that needs to be tightened up until some confidence in the top order is found , and with all due respect a 2 match series in Centurion and Wanderers conditions , with these two batting line ups you ain't gonna have a problem picking up 20 wickets so no need for 5 bowlers
Rickelton most likely could be 12th men

G. S. Kohli

3 day warm up about to starts

Dewald Brevis, Corbin Bosch, Wandile Makwetu, Wihan Lubbe, Smangaliso Nhlebela, Jiveshan Pillay, Thando Ntini, Bryce Parsons, Ruan de Swardt, Daniel Smith, Evan Jones, Hlompo Modimokwane, Codi Yusuf

Dendarii

International Debutant
West Indies 18/1
Chanderpaul out b Ntini c Bosch

Three lads whose fathers all played international cricket involved in that play , pretty rare sight .
I wonder if that's ever happened in an international match. I don't think there's any easy way to check though.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I wonder if that's ever happened in an international match. I don't think there's any easy way to check though.
There are probably a few examples of it happening but I found one example..
Hagley Oval 2018 New Zealand v England
Tom Latham 0 b Broad c Bairstow (WK)

G. S. Kohli

Hanif Mohammad (337 at Westindies)& his son Shoib Mohd (209 or so) father/Son who hits DBL in test just like Chanderpaul Shiv & Teg

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

I guess many many father sons including Surinder ( debut test 100 in nz)/ Mohinder two brother whose dad lala Amernath all played test.

Ashok Mankad son & father Vinoo mankad yes played test

Vijay manjrekar father to s.Manjrekar junior.

Jhahgir khan (Dad)Majid khan (son)and Bazid khan( Majid son)
Played test
---

Sunil Gavaskar son Rohan Gavaskar.

Yuvraj singh's father yograj was fast bowler in test.

Last edited:

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
West Indies 42/2 in 27.5 overs at lunch, it looks like West Indies will use this game to work on leaving the ball outside off stump , that's been a feature of the session so far ..unfortunately Braithwaite got out on the last ball of lunch to the left arm spin of Nhlebela ..