• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Dendarii

International Debutant
South Africa have handed a maiden Test call-up to top-order batter Tony de Zorzi, who scored 489 runs at an average of 122.25 in the domestic four-day competition. Senuran Muthusamy returns to the squad having last featured in 2019 while Keegan Petersen also makes a return having recovered from a hamstring injury.
If you're going to quote from somewhere then you should be acknowledging the source. This is lifted directly from Cricbuzz.

Socerer 01

International Captain
If you're going to quote from somewhere then you should be acknowledging the source. This is lifted directly from Cricbuzz.

are you allowed to copy paste entire articles without any crediting of sources like he does in nearly every post? isn’t that just plagiarism……..

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
My test side would be :

1.De Zorzi
2.Elgar
3.Petersen
4.Rickleton
5.Bavuma
6.Markram
7.Klaasen (WK)
8.Jansen
9.Maharaj
10.Rabada
11.Nortje

Batting has been really poor for us so that needs to be tightened up until some confidence in the top order is found , and with all due respect a 2 match series in Centurion and Wanderers conditions , with these two batting line ups you ain't gonna have a problem picking up 20 wickets so no need for 5 bowlers

WICFan

U19 Captain
West Indies ODI Squad:
Shai Hope (capt), Rovman Powell (vc), Shamarh Brooks, Yannic Cariah, Keacy Carty, Roston Chase, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Nicholas Pooran, Romario Shepherd, and Odean Smith.

West Indies T/20 Squad:
Rovman Powell (capt), Kyle Mayers (vc), Shamarh Brooks, Yannic Cariah, Johnson Charles, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Obed McCoy, Nicholas Pooran, Raymon Reifer, Romario Shepherd, and Odean Smith.

Socerer 01

International Captain
other than the captain changing has there been any other big change to these teams? i remember there being big noise around a new revolution or something after failing to qualify for t20 world cup but this team just seems like the same to me

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
other than the captain changing has there been any other big change to these teams? i remember there being big noise around a new revolution or something after failing to qualify for t20 world cup but this team just seems like the same to me
Unfortunately, the selector remained the same.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Seales and Sinclair out of the ODI side for Chase and Gabriel.

Lewis out of the T/20 squad for Shepherd.

SillyCowCorner1

What happened to
What happened to Darren Bravo in the test side , and Hetmyer in white ball cricket
Darren Bravo lost his place because of poor form.

Hetmyer got dropped because his wife wanted to go with him to the T20WC and CWI was not allowing that or something.
He's blacklisted.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Seales and Sinclair out of the ODI side for Chase and Gabriel.

Lewis out of the T/20 squad for Shepherd.
Seales is injured and will probably be back once fit so that doesn't seem like a big change.. not sure why Sinclair is out for Chase when Sinclair is a lot younger

Lewis only plays in the big matches for some reason too

SillyCowCorner1

Seales is injured and will probably be back once fit so that doesn't seem like a big change.. not sure why Sinclair is out for Chase when Sinclair is a lot younger

Lewis only plays in the big matches for some reason too
I'm pretty sure Lewis is out because of fitness issues.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Test Squad: Temba Bavuma (captain), Gerald Coetzee, Tony de Zorzi, Dean Elgar, Simon Harmer, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Senuran Muthusamy, Anrich Nortje, Keegan Petersen, Kagiso Rabada, Ryan Rickelton

Socerer 01

International Captain
Test Squad: Temba Bavuma (captain), Gerald Coetzee, Tony de Zorzi, Dean Elgar, Simon Harmer, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Senuran Muthusamy, Anrich Nortje, Keegan Petersen, Kagiso Rabada, Ryan Rickelton
didn’t you already post this :blink: