• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa T20 Tour of India 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Harshal is better than Shardul in T20 definitely. Has proved multiple times in IPL. I don't think T20I is too much of an upgrade over IPL.
The issue is IPL is played in SC. This WT20 will not be. I would rather make a guess based on their style of bowling than just numbers. I love Harshal and would be extremely happy to be proven wrong but I think Shardul has more strings to his bow as a bowler playing international cricket than Harshal does in T20s.

Niall

International Coach
Rohit
KL
Kohli
Iyer
.... Yeah, can't complete it. Gives me depression just trying to think of the kind of team we will take to the WC
Suppose the justification is "they have experience in Aussie conditions" but yeah its uninspiring to say the least.

I am also concerned about Pant, I keep reading "he needs time to figure out limited overs cricket" and that's fine if he was playing for an associate but this is India ffs, how long do India persist before saying "enough is enough"?

Heboric

International Debutant
Is Marco Jansen injured ?

I checked my OP and he is in the squad :confused1 :confused1

Eish we came third in this game

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rohit
KL
Kohli
Iyer
.... Yeah, can't complete it. Gives me depression just trying to think of the kind of team we will take to the WC
It will mostly likely be -

Rohit
KL
Virat
SKY
Hardik
DK
Jaddu
Harshal/Shardul
Bhuvi/ D Chahar
Bumrah
Chahal/Bishnoi/Kuldeep

Its not great but there is a chance Rohit's luck will work out and we win the thing tbh. I am just worried we are gonna play Pant at 4 instead of DK and bat SKY at 5.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It will mostly likely be -

Rohit
KL
Virat
SKY
Hardik
DK
Jaddu
Harshal/Shardul
Bhuvi/ D Chahar
Bumrah
Chahal/Bishnoi/Kuldeep

Its not great but there is a chance Rohit's luck will work out and we win the thing tbh. I am just worried we are gonna play Pant at 4 instead of DK and bat SKY at 5.
This is a good team but your worry will be true. Management will surely play pant ahead of dk. He is the captain this series man. Harshal also is penciled in ahead of Thakur by them imo.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Harshal Bhuvi Bumrah and Chahal will surely be the lineup that starts the world cup. Hardik and most probably Jadeja sharing 5th bowler quota.

slippy888

International Captain
Must get runs on the board for the bowlers it don't matter who the bowlers are they need 170 scores to defend

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Hopefully Umran Malik gets a debut tomorrow. Avesh hasn't shown anything special so far. But I think we might see Arshdeep first up

srbhkshk

International Captain
I think if they believed Umran was international ready they probably would have given him a debut in the first match itself.

Do absolutely love how our batsman think they can play dots the rest of the over if they somehow get one boundary.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think if they believed Umran was international ready they probably would have given him a debut in the first match itself.

Do absolutely love how our batsman think they can play dots the rest of the over if they somehow get one boundary.
From what I've seen, there's little to no change in thinking under Dravid or with all the new blood in the side. You need berserkers throughout the order to compete with the likes of England. Kiss your chances goodbye once people like Kohli, Sharma, and Rahul walk back into the team. Rahul's is the most egregious case from the lot because he's obviously capable of anything but is either a selfish **** or fancies himself a master pacer of T20 innings.

srbhkshk

International Captain
From what I've seen, there's little to no change in thinking under Dravid or with all the new blood in the side. You need berserkers throughout the order to compete with the likes of England. Kiss your chances goodbye once people like Kohli, Sharma, and Rahul walk back into the team. Rahul's is the most egregious case from the lot because he's obviously capable of anything but is either a selfish **** or fancies himself a master pacer of T20 innings.
India would have scored ~285 against Netherlands today and Rahul's 115 ball 100 would have had glorious stories written about it.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Something of a late-career renaissance from Dinesh Karthik isn't it? Didn't think he figured in any future plans; I'd sort of grown used to seeing him on Youtube interview shows or dabbling in commentary, but good for him. Team man and can play a certain role down the order. Three keepers in the same side is either surplus to requirement or a sad comment on the pool of T20 batsmen in the country, but I guess you take what you get.