• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

I don't expect Pakistan to do well until they permanently drop crap like Nazir,Afridi,Afridi,Hafeez,Butt,Akmal,Rao etc.They might be able to do well in two or three matches but can't be consistent without permanently droping these dire players.

Last edited:
Just turned on TV and found that Aamir Sohail also rates Sami very highly,just like Imran.I wonder how much does Sami pay these people for saying undeserved sentences in his favour?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Just turned on TV and found that Aamir Sohail also rates Sami very highly,just like Imran.I wonder how much does Sami pay these people for saying undeserved sentences in his favour?
Well it has long been maintained on this forum that Sami is Imran's love-child. So that explains Imran's baffling support. I wonder where Sohail fits into the equation?

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Poor display from Pakistan. We need to seriously change the batting line up.
Nazir
Akmal
Younus
Mo Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Afridi
Tanvir
Gul
Asif
Abdur Rehman

shortpitched713

International Captain
Poor display from Pakistan. We need to seriously change the batting line up.
Nazir
Akmal
Younus
Mo Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Afridi
Tanvir
Gul
Asif
Abdur Rehman
I wonder how much Nazir's been paying people tbh. Actually looks more hit and miss than Afridi, and that takes some doing. Find it very disturbing that the Pakistan selectors are so willing to quit on their most promising ODI opener, Butt, after his failure in a couple of Tests. They clearly haven't learned anything about picking ones best players for each format.

Asif's also been carrying an injury for the duration of this tour, so I think its unlikely that they'll risk him now.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
I don't expect Pakistan to do well until they permanently drop crap like Nazir,Afridi,Afridi,Hafeez,Akmal,Rao etc.They might be able to do well in two or three matches but can't be consistent without permanently droping these dire players.
Afridi as bowling allrounder much better option than playing kaneria, hafeez and so on..i agree about the rest..

Fusion

Global Moderator
In light of the vicious, ruthless suicide attack in Karachi, I wonder if the the rest of the tour gets affected?

pup11

International Coach
I don't think South Africa would stick around in Pakistan any longer after today's blast (one really feels for all those who lost their lives in today's terror attack and their loved ones) and that would be a real shame (its sad when terror attack starts effecting sports), but player security is the most important criteria in such circumstances and if a cricket board decides that the security of their team is in threat on any given tour then they have complete right to pull out of the tour.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
That's serious ? that choice of openers ?
Then who else? It was wrong to bring back Nazir in first place, but now that he has been selected he has to be given 1 or 2 more game.

I think it will be a good idea if Pakistan try out youngster like Khurram Mansoor or Ahmad shahzad, in one game

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think South Africa would stick around in Pakistan any longer after today's blast (one really feels for all those who lost their lives in today's terror attack and their loved ones) and that would be a real shame (its sad when terror attack starts effecting sports), but player security is the most important criteria in such circumstances and if a cricket board decides that the security of their team is in threat on any given tour then they have complete right to pull out of the tour.
Dunno, that seems like a bit of a cop out. Did the Aussies leave when there were bomb blasts in London? But they can obviously do what they want. It's just a bit of hypocrisy, that's all.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately its true, i wonder where the faults lies in Pak? I guess afridiism among openers and selection errors by selectors are responsible for the sorry state.
The fault lies, as I had written in detail a long long time ago, in the 'manufacturing process' through which all Pakistani openers seem to come.

Its amazing how similar they all are in this respect. Plonk the left foot forward and drive magnificiently through the off side. That seems to be what all of them are taught at the expense of everything else. I know I exaggerate but clearly moving on to the front foot come-what-may seems to be the mantra for Pakistani openers. Backward movement, back and across, is non-existent. How do they expect to survive at the top as openers ?

I have no idea whats the reason for it but its a disease that is spreading in India too. Look at Uthappa. He is a fabulous player but get on to that front foot almost every ball seems his motto too. A good new ball bowler who can move the ball and is smart enough to notice it will make that a very difficult strategy for success.

I think it comes from too much one day cricket where it has greater chance of success with new ball bowlers concentrating on keeping it up. But it really is a bad or rather horribly deficient batting technique.

Well it has long been maintained on this forum that Sami is Imran's love-child. So that explains Imran's baffling support. I wonder where Sohail fits into the equation?
Just like Imran,he blames Inzamam for not using him well.He says that Sami has speed,conventional swing,reverse swing,slow dellivery & cutters,so he's very talented & just needs to be used in proper way.And,I'm still wondering whats that "proper way" which has never been mentioned neither by Sohail nor by Imran.