• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

Afridi as bowling allrounder much better option than playing kaneria, hafeez and so on..i agree about the rest..
Afridi does manage to entertain the crowd sometimes as a batsman but 99% of the times,the team would lose because of him.And he might have improved a bit as a bowler in recent but his bowling is far from whats required to maintain a place in the side.Thats why,Afridi is neither acceptable for me as a bowling allrounder nor as a batting allrounder(playing in the top order).And Pakistan have some good spinners in the form of Tahir Khan,Mansoor Amjad,Tariq Mahmood etc,all they need is a proper chance at international level.

pup11

International Coach
Good to hear that the tour is still on, i thought the Proteas would pull out of this tour since they did the same thing during their last Sri Lankan tour.
Anyways lets hope the tour moves on smoothly and we get to see some good Odi cricket.

pup11

International Coach
I have query guys the other day i saw Kallis's beard :laugh:, now what's up with that is it some new style of his or has he joined Islam or something??

haroon510

International 12th Man
i am glad to hear that.. i just heard about the bomb in circinfo.com..

i don't fallow the news and i hate politicians.. because that is what politicians do.. sucide bombing, killing innocent people and they never think about anyone else but themselves..

my condolances to people of pakistan and spacially to people who lost thier loved once in this terror..my heart goes to them because i know how it feels and i have a history of being in situtions like that..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I have query guys the other day i saw Kallis's beard :laugh:, now what's up with that is it some new style of his or has he joined Islam or something??
Presumably it’s a ’team’ thing. Few of the backroom staff are currently sporting beards and AB and Mark Boucher are also trying their hardest to grow some facial hair.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah good to see the South Africans stay, although, question marks have to be raised about their participation in the 5th ODI at Karachi. For I believe yesterday’s suicide bombing was the 40th of its kind this year.

Also it’s probably worth considering that Pakistan’s new step towards ‘democratization’ is in essence the real reasoning behind South Africa’s stay. For if this happened, say two or three years ago, then they would be on the first flight home to Jo’Burg.

Similarly if Pakistan moves towards democracy then I really can not foresee any international side refusing to tour, regardless if the violence is heightened in the country or indeed the city the touring side are playing in. The West wants Pakistan to move closer to democracy, thus withdrawals from international sides would undermine the processes of democracy and the faux imagery of a 'savoir faire' Pakistan.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Away from politics... Vernon Philander has been ruled out of this series due to an injury he picked up at the nets last week. South Africa have not named a replacement as yet for they believe they can progress with just 13 players but that will be assessed early next week - captain and a couple of other guys are currently carrying slight ‘niggles’.

Also for anyone who watched the Pakistani innings, can anyone comment on Johan Botha's performance, namely what did his action look like?
I was able to view the South African innings but I missed the Pakistani reply, although, apparently he bowled ‘ok‘....

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man I can't help but admire how well South Africa are playing. For the longest time, they've been my least favorite team, but I am really starting to enjoy them these days. Can't wait until they play India again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Always loved Kallis, but now I am finding that I am actually starting to warm up to Graeme Smith, of all people.

He's like a disgusting mole on your face. First you want to get rid of it, then you kind of get used to it, and after a while you think can't think about life without it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Nazir Gone. What are selectors really thinking ? I mean why would you give chance to someone like Nazir again ? Has Pakistan become so talent-less ?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yet again Pakistan's opening pair fail, why the hell won't they give Salman Butt an extended run at the top of the order? His failure in a couple of Tests, one of which he was playing while being quite sick, are irrelevant to ODI cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Always loved Kallis, but now I am finding that I am actually starting to warm up to Graeme Smith, of all people.

He's like a disgusting mole on your face. First you want to get rid of it, then you kind of get used to it, and after a while you think can't think about life without it.
LOL ok.. :unsure:

pup11

International Coach
50 for Malik with four 6's in his innings so far but he hasn't hit a single 4 so far, Malik looking really focused today so he would be looking to convert this 50 into three figures.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
50 for Malik with four 6's in his innings so far but he hasn't hit a single 4 so far, Malik looking really focused today so he would be looking to convert this 50 into three figures.
Here's hoping. Very good ODI player, leading from the front now. Yousuf is on 75* at the moment.