• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan, 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
He should not be captain. I did not mind at first for the LO, but it was clear he did not want or expect the captaincy for, particularly for the Tests, so you have to wonder what is going on in the back room that makes them choose him as captain.
In fairness it's plain that he doesn't want the job at all, but yeah.

Heboric

International Debutant
All things holy, we actually got a wicket, did the batsman stand on his stumps or something

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Are there any alternative captaincy options for SA? (Elgar as a stop gap maybe?)
Elgar looks like a good option for now imo, possibly Van Der Dussen too (definitely not yet though)

I do think Markram looks like a natural leader, but that's probably 2-3 years away at least

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For all the talk about him being unfairly treated PCB have given him plenty of chances now. Can fawad be any good if he hasn't scored any fifties in 7 tests now? I like him but this is probably the end of the line.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is peak OS

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Never been particularly blown away by Ngidi but he is accurate and has the knack of picking up wickets doesn't he.
Yeah he's done very well to keep the numbers ticking over despite losing so much pace at such a young age. Fair play to him but think the lack of pace may catch up to him eventually.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ngidi is a better LO bowler. He does not make things happen, but can take wickets by creating pressure sometimes when being attacked.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I am not looking forward to SA batting... all I feel is trepidation. The minute the SA batsmen see Shah turn a ball they gonna fall apart.