• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you don't like his post then report it

Also slippy got banned for ignoring mod instructions, not for creating too many threads. If gnske is warned against continuing his brand of humour but continues to do it he'll cop infractions/a ban too.
I do have him on ignore thanks all the same, but someone quoted him.

There is nothing inherently wrong with cerebral palsy gags. Get a grip.
Not really sure why there isn't anything wrong with them, are we allowed to call people "******s" or "cripples" or "*******s".

Gawd, you say it's funny and interesting, but it really ****ing isn't, it's boring reductive ****ing annoying and just again REALLY REALLY REALLY BORING.

**** me this entire "reaction to political correctness gone mad" thing is the most tedious aspect of the internet nowadays, you can just say what you like no matter how lacking in insight, genuine wit, trying to offend clearly, and people will back it up.

it really isn't that hard to do, I mean it's actually incredibly easy it doesn't take a genius, it takes a poorly moderated forum to allow it to happen.

Trolling is clearly against the rules, he trolls as acknowledged by mods on here, if he has been given a warning about the Cerebal palsy gags, oh and how hilarious they are, I haven't seen it, I think he should TBH. Mocking a physical affliction just hasn't been funny since the 70s, have no idea why some young people seem to think the most reductive, old-fashioned and quite frankly stiflingly dull languague of a previous time has sddenly become wildean wit.

In my opinion your all unconsciousable ****wits, with little or no moral compass,for doing it or thinking it's fun. and you pretty much are what is going wrong with this world, in your slimy nihilism of bland offence as some kind of political or amusing statement, hateful beyond any word, totally intellectually and socially bereft, your interactions in life will end up causing you to die hideously and unloved.

Sorry that's just my unmoderated un-PC view, I'm a card aren't I? No I'm not actually i'm just going down to your level, and I'm probably feeling bad about myself with every billious word I write, whats the ****ing point?

Anywhoo, well done the beard....

grecian

Oh I see ******s was auto-modded, so I guess that's not okay?

Wow dude. No need to be so mean. This is a family forum.
Yeah, well done, I kinda made that joke on myself in the post. penultimate para.

In the end, if I get a serious answer it will be along the lines of "well it's just a reaction to all the SJW's", when of course it really isn't. People have always been ****s, and wanted excuses to be so, this is just the latest one.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yep, the main reason this bottom-of-the barrel non humour is so easy is because any well-justified call out that occurs is usually responded to with 'calm down mate' or 'cry more' or any equivalent insidious snide bull**** that implies that caring about anything makes you weak, when in fact it's just the opposite.

***** who post things that deserve to get called out as being garbage do not need protecting. Yet they will always insulate themselves from criticism by acting like the normal people just didn't get the joke or shouldn't be 'worked up'. Yeah, we got the joke. It was ****e. Be better. Ironically they will probably act as though the aggrieved party is somehow 'overly sensitive' when if you weren't so damn precious, you'd cop criticism on the chin instead of pretending it doesn't matter.

Anybody quoting grecian's post to respond with those or an 'ok' - do yourself a favour and **** off. You are the problem.

The only thing funnier than gnske's posts are the subsequent ****storm that he cops.
**** off.

grecian

Yep, the main reason this bottom-of-the barrel non humour is so easy is because any well-justified call out that occurs is usually responded to with 'calm down mate' or 'cry more' or any equivalent insidious snide bull**** that implies that caring about anything makes you weak, when in fact it's just the opposite.

***** who post things that deserve to get called out as being garbage do not need protecting. Yet they will always insulate themselves from criticism by acting like the normal people just didn't get the joke or shouldn't be 'worked up'. Yeah, we got the joke. It was ****e. Be better. Ironically they will probably act as though the aggrieved party is somehow 'overly sensitive' when if you weren't so damn precious, you'd cop criticism on the chin instead of pretending it doesn't matter.

Anybody quoting grecian's post to respond with those or an 'ok' - do yourself a favour and **** off. You are the problem.

**** off.
Indeed, my main problem with this phenom is not that it's shocking (FFS I listened to Derek and Clove when I was 13) is it's become so dreadfully cliched and dull. What do they get out of this mindless repition of one incredibly shallow and meaningless ideal?

In fact they tend to be the most conformist bunch of people on the internet, same patterns to every argument. "are you triggered" or some type of argument to always finish it. Of course they are fine with offense but it's terrible if poor Gnske and the like are told what drivel they post, it's an huge pile on because someone who wanted to cause offence did. I guess it figures Milo is their spiritual leader, he's been playing the victim card for about a tear now, after constantly slagging anyone that plays the victim, in his eyes.

Ho-hum, me not getting the modern world isn't new.

cnerd123

likes this
Gnske is so misunderstood

At the risk of unveiling what it is that Gnske does and why he is funny (to me atleast) - is that he doesn't make these jokes because he thinks they are funny. He makes them because he knows it is extremely inappropriate, bottom of the barrel, and quintessentialy not-funny. He's playing a role. A character. He's trying is absolute hardest to be the make the most dire posts he can get away with as an ironic joke. A parody of exactly the kind of people you all despise.

And in between all that, he mixes in some absolute gems. Some great puns, some actual witty insights, and some absolutely cutting sarcasm.

He's funny the way Borat is funny. Or the Eric Andre show is funny. Or Ken M is funny.

I'm disappointed more of you can't see that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah thats BS.

In real life I base a lot of my humour on what you're describing........rule No 1 is to know your audience. This **** just doesn't work on the internet.

91Jmay

International Coach
Gnske is so misunderstood

At the risk of unveiling what it is that Gnske does and why he is funny (to me atleast) - is that he doesn't make these jokes because he thinks they are funny. He makes them because he knows it is extremely inappropriate, bottom of the barrel, and quintessentialy not-funny. He's playing a role. A character. He's trying is absolute hardest to be the make the most dire posts he can get away with as an ironic joke. A parody of exactly the kind of people you all despise.

And in between all that, he mixes in some absolute gems. Some great puns, some actual witty insights, and some absolutely cutting sarcasm.

He's funny the way Borat is funny. Or the Eric Andre show is funny. Or Ken M is funny.

I'm disappointed more of you can't see that.
Yeah I found that funny when I was 13, shame you boys haven't moved on. We all understand what he is trying to do, we just think he's a unfunny dick.

Honestly pretty amazed you think this is some highbrow humour you have to "unveil". There is literally a bloke in every pub who plays this act, before going home to his empty flat and passing out on sofa. We've all seen it 100x of times before.

cnerd123

likes this
I mean if you didn't find Borat funny then I guess you wont find Gnske funny either

No need to be a dick about your personal taste in humour tho. Like, why are you taking offence in this? How does this offend you? It's just a guy making jokes on a forum, and if it's not your cup of tea then just move on. The fact that you get so offended by it makes me think that you don't get what he is doing. But if you do get it, then why does it evoke such a visceral reaction? If you're in on the joke then why are you mad?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've listened to ***** on the podcast, and read a number of his posts since he's been here on CW. The funniest thing to come out of this is his self-appointment as arbiter of what is or isn't amusing, entertaining and/ or interesting.

cnerd123

likes this
I've listened to ***** on the podcast, and read a number of his posts since he's been here on CW. The funniest thing to come out of this is his self-appointment as arbiter of what is or isn't amusing, entertaining and/ or interesting.
I just dont understand why you would get mad at Gnske unless you were taking his posts literally and getting offended at the content.

Not finding it funny is one thing, to then request mods step in? If we now want the mods to infract people for not being funny you'd have been banned ages ago.