• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Australia 2014

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sun Nov 2 (20 ovs)
Cricket Australia XI v South Africans
North Sydney Oval, Sydney

Wed Nov 5 (20 ovs)
1st T20I - Australia v South Africa
Adelaide Oval

Fri Nov 7 (20 ovs)
2nd T20I - Australia v South Africa
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Nov 9 (20 ovs)
3rd T20I - Australia v South Africa
Stadium Australia, Sydney

Fri Nov 14 (50 ovs)
1st ODI - Australia v South Africa
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Sun Nov 16 (50 ovs)
2nd ODI - Australia v South Africa
Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth

Wed Nov 19 (50 ovs)
3rd ODI - Australia v South Africa
Manuka Oval, Canberra

Fri Nov 21 (50 ovs)
4th ODI - Australia v South Africa
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Nov 23 (50 ovs)
5th ODI - Australia v South Africa
Sydney Cricket Ground

SeamUp

International Coach
So Reeza Hendricks, Farhaan Behardien, David Wiese, Robbie Peterson, Kagiso Rabada & Marchant de Lange join for the T20's.

Amla & Faf return to SA for a little while but AB, but AB, Steyn and Morne will be in Aus but won't play the T20's. Robbie P replaces injured Phangiso.

Got a lot of time for Reeza Hendricks but he is not in great touch. The sort who looks good on the eye but finds a way to get out if not in his best form. Bar his 181 in that crazy 50-over game in Bloem he needs to get a confidence booster in the warm-up game if he plays.

Think it is too soon to expose Rabada but you will expect him to get at least 1 game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who's the Test summer against then? IIRC there's an Oz/India/England tri-series immediately prior to the World Cup.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is going to be a feldspar summer, with the true main course being served as entree before a cod ordinary smorgasbord of mediocrity against India.

uvelocity

International Coach
meh. odis but.

nothing for the gabba either, not that i blame them, teach the joint a lesson for being a **** of a place to watch cricket. but i would like to all the same.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They just lost to the CA XI on North Sydney Oval, ftr. Good all-round performance from noted PEWS and Kippax boi Ashton Turner -- 70-odd and 2/21 off 4.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They just lost to the CA XI on North Sydney Oval, ftr. Good all-round performance from noted PEWS and Kippax boi Ashton Turner -- 70-odd and 2/21 off 4.
Was at the game yesterday btw. Turner batted well and despite being the pick of the CA spinners, I didn't think any of them bowled particularly well. Muirhead especially got 2 of his 3 wickets from pies. The South Africans threw it away really - Wayne Parnell seemed to be the only one who realised he was playing at North Sydney Oval and hit some monsters off Clive Rose but it was basically too late by that stage, especially as wickets kept falling at the other end.

Incidentally Roussow almost got run out twice before scoring, which I was very disappointed about as I'd asked him when he was fielding on the boundary if he was going to get off the mark today.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Told you they were pies.

Edit: Thought brockley had linked to the YouTube highlights. They're here:

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Told you they were pies.
Muirhead started with a nice variety of pies. Think 3 of his first 4 balls were shockers. When the first 2 weren't put away you knew it would sooner or latter get one of them & Reeza couldn't have picked the mid-wicket boundary fielder any better.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Who would you fellas call as favourites for tonight?
Two inexperienced, pretty experimental lineups but IMO Finch and Watson at the top of the order give Australia a fair edge in terms of firepower. Bowling probably Saffers have an advantage though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Brayshaw is also here. I for one can't wait for the first big shot and his reaction