• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Australia 2014

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love the comment that I just saw tweeted: "Everyone went full Maxwell".

Kids, you should never go full Maxwell.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Huge disappointment. Wonder if anything is gonna change with SA one-day setup though.
Looking forward to people trying to sugarcoat the beating.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should Dave Warner be considered for Aus' WC side? His average is almost below 30 and Finch clearly is better than him.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Lots of positives to be taken from this humiliation: if we can just sort our batting, bowling and fielding out, we may have a chance of escaping our group of death and progressing to another glorious defeat in a knockout round.

adub

International Captain
this series didn't really help solve WC selection problems
I don't know about that.

We know Smitteh is a lock for no.4, the openers spots are pretty much set (with Watto as the back up if required), Forkers should be in the XI, if Maxwell is in the XI it will be as the main spin option, Johnson, Starc, Haze and Cummins will likely be the quicks with a spot maybe for Rhino if his body is holding up. Marsh will be in the squad. Watson, Bailers and Clarke will be in the squad, but probably only 2 of the 3 playing (unless Watson is opening) with White to come in if Clarke's hammy doesn't make it. Keeper and another spinner are probably the only question marks I think.

Burgey

I reckon Haddin will be lucky to make it tbh. With the openers at their disposal he will bat down the order and tbh he hasn't really been great in that role in ages, if ever. Can see Wade getting it. He'll make some runs but give them all back in dropped catches.

Spikey

no australian keepers have been. they average 22 at 7 over the course of history. wade was going at 15 before this series.

Spikey

a bit misleading considering haddin and gilchrist did a ****load of opening
I don't really think so. The whole point is that typical keepers who get shoved down at 7 don't do much. I think the Gillys and MSDs are misleading as they're clearly not typical. As you'll see below, MSD in particular is crazy

Aus WKs at 7 (Individual): Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Aus Wks at 7 (Overall): Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

All Wks at 7 (individual) : Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo (OH HI MSD)

All WKs at 7 (Overall): Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

All WKs at 7 since 2000 (Overall) Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Haddin hasnt been very good at 7 since the last WC but he's also been basically perfectly average. I dont think Wade or anyone is gonna do much better than Haddin, and if they do, it's probably a fluke anyway. I don't really care who plays there, I dont expect much out of them, what with eleven 50s over 250 matches and all

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Can we get a Windies in SA official thread? It will only be me versus Weathers, but I'm up for it.

I wanna hear the myriad ways Roach is better than Steyn.

Quaggas

State Captain
Can we get a Windies in SA official thread? It will only be me versus Weathers, but I'm up for it.

I wanna hear the myriad ways Roach is better than Steyn.
Start it! Only ettiqutte afaik is that you have to put the itinerary in the OP, along with the appropriate thread title style

Spikey

you do have to pay a registration cost though. State Library of NSW are the guys to pay