• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Australia 2014

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bailey's captaincy has been absolutely attrocious today. He let De Villiers play himself in and then when there was a glimmer of hope after De Villiers fell he brought on Coulter-Nile to play Miller in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lol at Warner there, this has been brilliant bowling from Haze. Its a shame the WACA isn't getting a Test this year, as Haze would get a game here/there for sure. Still a great chance at the Gabba with this sort of performance.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bailey's captaincy has been absolutely attrocious today. He let De Villiers play himself in and then when there was a glimmer of hope after De Villiers fell he brought on Coulter-Nile to play Miller in.
Disagree. His fielding placing were good throughout the innings. He bought Maxwell on for the lefty and got a wicket immediately. Bailey just had a little too much faith in NCN who should have been confident after his man of the match performance at the same ground 2 days ago.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont think anybody expected a james bond movie being shown. i guess lethal weapon is out and this will be the summer of bond

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disagree. His fielding placing were good throughout the innings. He bought Maxwell on for the lefty and got a wicket immediately. Bailey just had a little too much faith in NCN who should have been confident after his man of the match performance at the same ground 2 days ago.
He lacked killer instinct. As soon as Maxwell got the breakthrough Bailey should have brought back his strike bowlers. We needed AB to have a chance of winning.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Warner trying to poach a sitter from Johnson hobbit-style :D
A win but not exactly the win it could have been if SA batted better/more responsibly.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He lacked killer instinct. As soon as Maxwell got the breakthrough Bailey should have brought back his strike bowlers. We needed AB to have a chance of winning.
Imagine if AB doesn't miss-hit the ball which lands just in front of the man at long on.. I don't think that Bailey's captaincy was absoluely amazing, but it was far better than "absolutely atrocious".

Burgey

In other news, I don't think there's a clear cut favourite headin into this WC. I'd say Thinskindia, but it's here. It seems to be 50:50 when Aus and SA play, but each of the two countries I've named have more consistent ODI winning batsmen than Australia atm. Reckon it's a very open WC tbh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It would be nice if Watto could make some sort of contribution with the bat too. In 2014 he has made 0 (2) 0 (4) 13 (27) and 11 (26) total 24 runs @ 6.00 strike rate 40.68.

morgieb

Yeah it's not something I'd be willing to predict. I'd have us as early favourites, but not unbackable ones.