• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
Sri Lanka v New Zealand: Nathan McCullum wants to topple another giant | Cricket Features | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

We'll just add this patronising drivel from the writer to the list of things we're going to make the haters suck when after we crush India in the final.

"Brendon McCullum is the only star player" says it all.

But still, :laugh: at NcCullum.

Two starry-eyed teenage girls sauntered up to Nathan McCullum to ask him for his autograph. They handed him a pen and some paper and just as he was about to make his mark, they pulled it away. One of them had realised that they didn't want his signature anymore, because the man whose scrawl they did want, younger brother Brendan, was seated a little further away.

"Sorry," they said sheepishly to Nathan, who grinned knowingly. "It's ok," he replied.
Who here would rather NcCullum's autograph? *raises hand*.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta hope that Baz comes off tomorrow. He's the only player who's adept enough at using his feet to really hurt the Sri Lankan spinners. Reckon timmeh could cause some havoc if he gets the ball under lights.

I'm gonna have my money squarely on Sri Lanka in the hope that my astonishing ability to lose seemingly sure-thing bets comes to the fore once again.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Sri Lanka v New Zealand: Nathan McCullum wants to topple another giant | Cricket Features | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

We'll just add this patronising drivel from the writer to the list of things we're going to make the haters suck when after we crush India in the final.

"Brendon McCullum is the only star player" says it all.

But still, :laugh: at NcCullum.

Who here would rather NcCullum's autograph? *raises hand*.

What would be hilarious is if the two brothers got in league with each other, and the next time two starry-eyed girls ask Brendon for his autograph, he signs it as "Nathan McCullum".

smash84

The Tiger King

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta hope that Baz comes off tomorrow. He's the only player who's adept enough at using his feet to really hurt the Sri Lankan spinners. Reckon timmeh could cause some havoc if he gets the ball under lights.

I'm gonna have my money squarely on Sri Lanka in the hope that my astonishing ability to lose seemingly sure-thing bets comes to the fore once again.
Your sacrifice is much appreciated. You'll get those new shoes eventually Bahnz... either that or we'll win the World Cup and you'll be playing rubbish bins for drums on Courtenay Place :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

You are the best fan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Haha I understand why this **** annoys NZ fans. So many cliches.

Surely the worst is "working class heroes" and "scrappers"

Taylor, Ryder and Southee aren't working class cricketers. They are immensely talented just like McCullum. And they're all better cricketers as well.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The same drivel that Mark Nicholas was spewing up the other day.

Almost as if he hadn't seen a NZ game for the last decade. Nothing more irritating than listening to some tool who gets paid big bucks talk out his arse.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oram and Styris have every bit of the workman about the way they play. But Guppy? Taylor? Ryder? Williamson? Southee? Flashy as **** tbh.

Borges

International Regular
Haha I understand why this **** annoys NZ fans. So many cliches.

Surely the worst is "working class heroes" and "scrappers"

Taylor, Ryder and Southee aren't working class cricketers. They are immensely talented just like McCullum. And they're all better cricketers as well.
Well, it's not just the media. Cricket has always been a sport ridden to a sickening degree with stereotyped cliches, and we fans are equally guilty. To convince ourselves of that, we don't have to do anything more than peruse the posts on this site.

As cricket venues, Mohali and Chepauk are so so different from each other, in the character of the pitches, in the nature of the crowds and the general atmosphere in the ground - so much more far apart than say the Oval and the MCG. Premadasa might as well be on another planet. Yet we club them together 'subcontinental pitches', 'subcontinental crowds', 'subcontinental whatever'. And depending on where we are from, pick out the worst/best attributes and blandly ascribe it to all of them.

When South Africa lose a close match which they probably shouldn't have, they are 'chokers'. When England do the same, it is because they play 'exciting cricket' - no matter that Jonathan Trott was the one who put them into a winning position in the first place.And when Newzealand win, their 'working class hero scrappers' have managed to 'punch above their weight' yet one more time.

I could go on, but I suppose you get the drift.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why isn't the India Pak game played first? Pak get six days rest, NZ play on Friday in Bangladesh then have to travel 1300 miles to Sri Lanka and play on the Tuesday. Crap scheduling.

Be great to see NZ reach a final but Sri Lanka are a machine at home and there is no way Nathan McCullum will be allowed to bowl 10 overs for 20. Shame Mills has been ruled out, would look to get another seamer in for Woodcock.