• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win greens, happy with my solid but slow 80 odd. i luv getting booed by opposition fans. makes me or the more happier and i know that i have gotten under there skin,.,,,, good finish for the season guys!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
We should have won that game. The first time we get both bat and ball going well for us - and we run out of time instead. :p Typical Colts luck I guess. ;) Still, great to see Burke continuing well and Nayak, Jaso and myself all chipping in too. Wright has some real "first innings form" with the ball lately. Great to see him doing so well, and also good to see Pitt making 2-2 off 1.4, not a bad BBI for a part timer. ;)

Proud of the boys, just wish we could have been given an extra half hour at the end of the final day to finish off the job. But we outplayed CW Black, so good on the lads for that.
At this rate, I'll end up with more wickets than FC runs. :dry:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Despite an uncertain start, the Blues romped to a 77-run win over Greens in their warmup for the OD final. Behind the batting of Sean Fuller and Alex Crampton, the Blues recovered from 44/3, but it was the partnership of 45 between Matt Currie and Eric Clancroft that pushed on to 301/6.

Currie in particular was in fine form and started with 17 runs from the first 5 balls he faced.

The early seam movement seemed to have totally disappeared by the time the Greens began their chase. Rob Malone and Andrew Garven played well to put on 109 for the first wicket, but after Currie broke through, the innings fell apart. Fuller followed his half-century with a 4-wicket haul, and together with Travis Demeza, the Blue attack ensured that no one after the top four reached double figures.

Cricket Web Blue 301/6 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Green 224 all out (43.1 overs)

Cricket Web Blue won by 77 runs.
Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Colts
at Goffmouth Park

CW Black arrived at Goffmouth Park with their OD destiny in hand. Needing victory to book a place in the final against Blue, the goal was clear and simple. Despite the lack of relevance of the game to the Colts’ season, the home team won through with great heart.

David Comley’s spell of spin bowling lit up the stadium and engaged the crowd with its intelligence and spectacular success. He turned the game entirely the way of the Colts, following on beautifully from the earlier efforts of Arunava Das. Batting at three, Das stroked the ball to all part of the ground on his way to one of the finest centuries witnessed this season.

The Black bowlers struggled to find consistency and leaked an incredible 38 extras, including 24 wides. Only Chris Butler and David Kearsley truly looked to have any rhythm, and the latter took a career-best of 4/45. Kearsley kept his team in the game, but was one of the middle order batsmen who fell away cheaply against the spin of Comley later on.

Cricket Web Colts 281/7 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Black 261/8 (50 overs)

Cricket Web Colts won by 20 runs.
Man of the Match: DJ Comley

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully (will confirm later) the OD final will be simmed live tomorrow (19th) at 8am TT time, which is 1pm London, 10pm Sydney.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hopefully (will confirm later) the OD final will be simmed live tomorrow (19th) at 8am TT time, which is 1pm London, 10pm Sydney.

And about 11pm Auckland. :(

No worries. C'mon Blues!