• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Scottish Football Season 2021/22***

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to predict that the new Celtic manager won't last the season, but I wasn't entirely correct last year.

Is this going to be the official all comers thread for next season with just a slightly different title than usual?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
don't look at me, I'm a card carrying member of the anyone but england club while the international tournaments are ongoing
Aren't our side a bit nicer recently, don't seem to have the same level of ****es in the team. Yeah the whole thing around them is still horrible.

anyway I am pleased this minor League will get it's own thread, so we can concentrate on proper football, like Division 4 football, higher standard.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Something we said? Or did?

Well, I mean, there's plenty of possibilities, but something specific?
and tonight on Magrat Garlick's Witching Hour, we'll be listing the crimes of the English. Unfortunately, due to time constraints restricting us to a mere two hours of ranting, we'll have to concentrate on May 14th, 1938.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
and tonight on Magrat Garlick's Witching Hour, we'll be listing the crimes of the English. Unfortunately, due to time constraints restricting us to a mere two hours of ranting, we'll have to concentrate on May 14th, 1938.
Before I Google, is that when the team gave the Nazi salute before playing Germany?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
also, one would note: they organized a friendly specifically to play Nazi Germany! The FA did not want to play any official FIFA matches as paying the players a fair wage was seen a step too far, but apartheid selection policies? Totally kosher

ok my rant time is up this is the 2021/22 thread i'm sure there will be many more FA crimes to document

Furball

Evil Scotsman
By only taking 13 players so there were more spaces on the plane for the SFA bigwigs.

I'm pretty sure we took inappropriate shirts as well as we thought Switzerland would be freezing cold.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Celtic have drawn Midtjylland in the 2nd QR of the Champions League. There would be a degree of irony if Celtic made the group stages and Rangers didn't.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Celtic have drawn Midtjylland in the 2nd QR of the Champions League. There would be a degree of irony if Celtic made the group stages and Rangers didn't.
I thought that seemed like a rough draw for the 2nd QR, but they split the league winners into one side of the draw and runners-up into another, so they're pretty much all nightmare draws. Good change IMO.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's quite a while since Scotland had two teams in the Champions League. I remember Motherwell getting in while Rangers were recovering from their administration relegation. The Scotland coefficient toppled a bit around then.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm going to predict that the new Celtic manager won't last the season, but I wasn't entirely correct last year.

Is this going to be the official all comers thread for next season with just a slightly different title than usual?
Who did they pick?