• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Superb game between Scot and Ire here.

How the f the winger got that ball down in the corner no idea. Normally call those right and was sure he was out.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
ABs to get punked in the QFs I feel
Such a shame that the 5 best teams are in 2 groups in the same half. Travesty.

(saying that, maybe a cheeker tenner on Australia @9/1 whose Autumn results in hindsight do not look too bad at all bearing in mind their injuries, wouldn't be the worst bet)

Last edited:

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
I read somewhere that the chances of Aus, Wales and Fiji being drawn in the same group in each of 9 of the first 10 world cups, is in the millions to 1.

Niall

International Coach
Ireland are probably the best side in the world, but they have a brutal group with Scotland and South Africa and then likely a quarter final against NZ and France where they would be underdogs,,,suspect its now or never for them though.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland are probably the best side in the world, but they have a brutal group with Scotland and South Africa and then likely a quarter final against NZ and France where they would be underdogs,,,suspect its now or never for them though.
I'd rate Ireland favourites against NZ in a 1/4 final. They are better man for man with great loose forwards and strong midfielders. Their backline passing is a lot crisper than ours and they are very well coached. A lot depends on how Jordie Barrett goes for the ABs at 12, and whether ***ton is fit and in form for Ireland.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who cares about the World Cup, we’ve got England in Dublin for a grand slam on St Patrick’s Day weekend.

Molehill

International Captain
I just don't see that, sorry. Ten years ago, that was the case and once Jones came in the side stepped up for a few years. The best players in this side are mostly those who were the best back then, but now past their peak.

I'm happy to be proved wrong and we'll probably get to see whether a new coach can turnaround the side soon enough. If this form carries on, Borthwick may not even make the WC and he certainly won't go on past it.
The biggest issue is the back row where they were missing the likes of Curry (T), Lawes, Underhill, Simmonds etc. The likes of Ludlam, Willis and Dombrandt are just half decent club pros, but not International Class at all. This told on Saturday as France absolutely dominated the break down, and showed what they do with quick ball. They were on fire, not sure England could've played any worse. It's one thing being outplayed, but dropping unchallenged catches which happened at least 3 times is unforgivable.

The stupid thing is they'll probably makes the semis in the World Cup given the kindness of the draw.

I fear for what Ireland will do to them on Saturday though.

Strange World Cup stat, Ireland have never won a knockout match....

ripper868

International Coach
Wild last 5 minutes, great defence from Scotland and great try to finish it. Feels like one that got away for Italy, but they should be pretty happy with how they've done the whole 6N given where they were 2 years ago.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Van der Merwe is jarring to watch. You know the reality is that he’s very good, but it looks like defenders just randomly turn into pumpkins every time he runs at them. It’s like the start of Harry Kane’s career where he was scoring ****loads of amazing goals while somehow still looking like an absolute plodder.