• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Flem274*

123/5
In a game with multiple yellows and a crazy end, that’s a straight red
it was also a game where a man intentionally shoulder charged the leg of a prone man not playing the ball and got off with a yellow.

he wasn't giving a red for the lomax tackle. or maybe he would, he was a french ref.

Flem274*

123/5
Wouldn’t please the hierarchy
why would france and the home nations care about the bledisloe?

because they're where the money is. mark robinson would struggle to beat david white in a year 4 problem solving test and you're calling him the secret puppeteer of world rugby?

go to bed.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
if it was going to be called it was more likely to be in the 78th than in the 25th tbh. referees are more watchful for ****housing then.

the ref was all over the place tonight and when you get a french chaos ref you can't leave your fate in his hands. foley should have kicked it like a normal 10, take the line out and smoke it into touch and easy win because there was literally no time. all blacks only hope was to steal that lineout and run it in.
Best comment...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it was also a game where a man intentionally shoulder charged the leg of a prone man not playing the ball and got off with a yellow.

he wasn't giving a red for the lomax tackle. or maybe he would, he was a french ref.
He’s a massive human

Guy would be crippled if he did it

Ref completely lost the plot and it ended in complete farce

Flem274*

123/5
He’s a massive human

Guy would be crippled if he did it

Ref completely lost the plot and it ended in complete farce
if who did what? like, both situations in my post are on camera and we 100% know they happened. swain made a dirty hit in a ruck and lomax isn't the brightest prop who flirted with a yellow card and avoided it by millimeters.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
if who did what? like, both situations in my post are on camera and we 100% know they happened. swain made a dirty hit in a ruck and lomax isn't the brightest prop who flirted with a yellow card and avoided it by millimeters.
Swain was just a normal play that you see in every test

Lomax, if that’s who it was, back slammed a guy off the ball

No millimeters in it

Minimum yellow card

Ref was a complete joke

As Horan said, he should never referee another test but will due to politics

Flem274*

123/5

Lomax, if that’s who it was, back slammed a guy off the ball

No millimeters in it

Minimum yellow card

Ref was a complete joke

As Horan said, he should never referee another test but will due to politics
:laugh:

ashley bach

International Captain
Who was the biggest idiot at the finish there?
The pedantic French twit or Elton Fooley?
It's a real close thing, but going with a tie because no matter what happened the line-out was always going to be formed before the siren,
and an All blacks steal was going to be required.
I'll take the win being a Kiwi, but fmd how embarrassing needing a frogs assistance at the end just to scrape a lucky win against the Wallies.
In fact, how bloody hopeless not putting the game to bed with that huge lead in the first place, don't recall the All blacks of the past letting up
on such a lead in my lifetime. They have lost their aura as far as I'm concerned, and it all started about 3-4 years ago.
In all honesty it probably would have been better to lose if it definitely meant sayonara to Ian Foster.
Problem is now they'll win the Bledisloe, and almost certainly the rugby championship, and start to make all these bull**** excuses, whereas
a loss would of almost sealed the deal and ended his coaching career.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought the ref was utter dog turd; literally stopped counting the number of instances of hands in the ruck he ignored, Swain should've seen red (ligament-ruiner if ever there was and has left Tupaea looking at a long lay off, as one understands) and he missed a blatant forward pass for Kellaway's try.

Pretty sure the clock was stopped when Foley was effing about, so was it really time wasting? Annoying AF, but not eating into game time. It's one of those calls that might be permissible under the rules (if one's a joyless pedant), but was just wrong on every other level.

Result hung on a French brain fart and the game deserved better than that.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
OK mate. No doubt you can point out a like-for-like example from, say, the last test between Australia & South Africa. Or any of the Rugby Championship games this year.

I'll wait.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So is the general consensus in rugby now that the northern hemisphere is (finally) where the best rugby is being played? NZ and Aus both losing series to touring sides, while SA barely scraping home against a Welsh team that finished 5th in the 6 Nations. Then all 4 Rugby Championship teams taking turns playing like dicks and dropping games into their opposition's laps. On current form, doesn't seem like it'd be a huge shock if none of them make the semi's at next year's world cup.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
OK mate. No doubt you can point out a like-for-like example from, say, the last test between Australia & South Africa. Or any of the Rugby Championship games this year.

I'll wait.
I reckon Swain deserved a straight red though