• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Good solid win over Argentina. With a bit of luck we could've won 60-0 (so many nearly tries). Playing some decent footy this year.

Will be interesting to see how Quade Cooper goes for the Wallabies vs Boks.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only wasted Cooper’s talent for 4 fkn years

Rugby Australia has an huge amount to answer for & this is yet another example

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a match, awesome from Quade. Good to see them put it over the Bok who seem to only have Kick and Maul in their game.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah we really need to stop playing the All Blacks every year for the Bledisloe. It kills all momentum for both the side and the public (In before Burgey criticises)

Should have it like the Ashes and alternative it with the world cup.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah the pantsing by the ABs has probably obscured the fact that this team definitely looks like it's going in the right direction; unsurprisingly picking a proven coach from a proven system over the favoured local son is paying dividends. Just not sure if it has the talent to stack up, ultimately, but the gameplan is starting to make sense.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like all barr the seven people in Australia who still follow the sport. I actually didn’t realise these games were on until a tosser private school mate sent me a text about the woefuls having “turned a corner.”

I mean, if they have turned a corner they’re in a tiny ****ing rectangle.

Flem274*

123/5
Rennie was a great pickup for them tbh. Australia have always had talent, just needed someone to bring it out.

Rennie is used to taking talented but not the best side and using whatever ruthlessly pragmatic tactic works to beat more stacked sides like the Crusaders. Actually he's probably the right bloke to take a team like the Wallabies to front up to SA.

Spark

Global Moderator
I honestly think the Bledisloe results are quite clearly about NZ looking scary again more than anything else. I was definitely impressed with what I saw on Saturday again.

Flem274*

123/5
I still think our attack is a bit 2015 tbh. Scott Robertson attack coach (well full coach tbh) is the dream.

I heard Nigel Yalden called for Jordie Barrett to 12 a while back which I was thinking during Super Rugby as well. You do lose his high ball dominance at 15, but it was his position at school and Havilli has well and truly hit his ceiling imo. He's not good. Well he's good, but he's good in that he's a premium Super Rugby player in the best coached Super team but a bit midpack at test level. I wouldn't take him over many international 12s. Jordie is huge and I think he'd pair well with ALB.

It also allows the full dream meme team of Mo'unga (10/22), Beauden Barrett (10/22) and DMac (15) to go full attack which we need if we're not going to play boring loser Northern Hemisphere rugby. Fun rugby is real rugby.

Also is it just me or does George Bridge use his touches for hit ups a lot? It's kinda weird he takes on the tackler with contact so often.