• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

James

Cricket Web Owner
I was surprised by the Wallabies, think the weakness of their bench cost them in the end, especially with the rain.
Such a shame we've missed out on the end of season UK/Europe tours, but some rugby is better than none :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I was surprised by the Wallabies, think the weakness of their bench cost them in the end, especially with the rain.
Such a shame we've missed out on the end of season UK/Europe tours, but some rugby is better than none :)
The wallabies continue to try and play champagne rugby on a $10 budget

Spark

Global Moderator
England look relentless. They'd absolutely destroy any of the three Tri-Nations sides on show thus far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England look relentless. They'd absolutely destroy any of the three Tri-Nations sides on show thus far.
We're possibly narrow favs v NZ just now, but we very rarely destroy them.

Wounded ABs dangerous animals.

Anyway think RSA the benchmark currently.

Spark

Global Moderator
Irish scrumhalf is having a hell of a mare out there. Brain looks scrambled, some shocking decision making.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very proud of the effort by the Taniwha tonight, but Hawke's Bay just too good in the end.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Heckuva defensive effort from Los Pumas so far.

Has been almost relentless AB pressure from the first whistle and only 10-0 to NZ after 49 minutes.

Worry we might see a blow out in the last quarter because this must be sapping in 33 degree heat.

76% possession and 77% territory advantage for NZ.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Will Jordan has a bit of gas then, huh?
Been calling for Jordan for a while now, should slot right in at 14 on the back of another successful Super Rugby season.

Argentina were obviously fatigued, but Akira was immense - MOM for me. Every time he got the ball he got decent go forward, just what I've been looking for.

The one frustration I had was the chip kicking and general cross kicking when on attack. Would rather they keep the ball in hand than go with the 20/80 play.

Flem274*

123/5
good win. are we all going to settle down about the size of our forwards now? at least we should move on to the lack of imagination on attack, though it doesn't help this era rewards genetically, morally, ***ually and spiritually inferior northern hemisphere play including catepillar box kicks and not keeping possession unless you're in their 22, at which point you do a boring impossible to defend rolling maul peel off try from a lineout.

sam cane, ardie savea, akira ioane **** yeah. front row stepped up big time as well. great to see. i thought the dual playmakers were okay, did some great stuff and some silly stuff. we dominated this in the forwards.

lol at will jordan. i swear he scores 70% of his tries like that. it's better to be lucky than to be good. going to get my myth calls in while his stocks are up. he's george bridge with a better step, which makes him perfectly fine but no world beater.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So Ian Botham's grandson is playing rugby union for Wales.
Today was the first proper look at him I've had.

Didn't do badly in a largely beaten pack, good engine and tackled like a Trojan.

Had the misfortune to be up against Underhill and Curry who are both a lot further along in their development and are two of the best flankers in world rugby just now though, so didn't get much joy at the breakdown.

Perhaps more of a 6 than a 7.

Fairly routine win for England, but I'm old enough to never take beating the Leekists for granted.

James

Cricket Web Owner
good win. are we all going to settle down about the size of our forwards now?
Hahaha, they're still on notice for me. But an improved performance. Don't forget Argentina made 10 changes to their team, so they weren't full strength.
As others have said , seems to be a much more defensive game these days.