• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Flem274*

123/5
This is kind of mad to watch. Argentina are dominating up front.
Weird. Until Taylor was on we had every set piece (even notably bad scrummagers like lomax) but they posted the ruck all night. Usually ABs losses are the other way around with us surviving off turnover ball.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Weird. Until Taylor was on we had every set piece (even notably bad scrummagers like lomax) but they posted the ruck all night. Usually ABs losses are the other way around with us surviving off turnover ball.
I only watched the second half tbf. I saw Argentina defend comfortably for 15 phases, then a catch and drive that went straight through when I made that comment.

The last two scrums weren't what I expected after that with it going back a bit the other way.

Flem274*

123/5
Argentina's first win was more impressive in terms of executing what they wanted to do, but this one was impressive in terms of holding on for dear life with a failing set piece (there was relief when Taylor was on in the lineout tbf) and just finding a way to win (mostly by pure ruck hassling).

I thought it was only a matter of time at half time until they got rekt because we had scrum penalties at will and their lineout was trash.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's been a fair while since I watched Brumbies games regularly but yeah that definitely sounds like Nic White.

ashley bach

International Captain
Can't say too much about the game only saw the 12 minute highlights package, but Argentina looked very strong up front.
Extremely disappointing to see just where the blacks are at the moment, well done Argentina, at least it was admirable consolation backing them at 12/1
You wonder where Foster can find his next trick, it's a horrible form line he's now built up over the past year.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What do AB ans on here think it means for the coach when they inevitably retain the Bledisloe? Will it be enough to save his arse, or is it such a given these days that it won't stop him being sacked?

James

Cricket Web Owner
The All Blacks have become the international equivalent of Manchester United. The glory days are long gone and the whole of NZ Rugby is a complete mess.

Australia will win back the Bledisloe Burgey.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The All Blacks have become the international equivalent of Manchester United. The glory days are long gone and the whole of NZ Rugby is a complete mess.

Australia will win back the Bledisloe Burgey.
Probably the Wallabies best chance in years but they’ll choke

Flem274*

123/5
Can't say too much about the game only saw the 12 minute highlights package, but Argentina looked very strong up front.
Extremely disappointing to see just where the blacks are at the moment, well done Argentina, at least it was admirable consolation backing them at 12/1
You wonder where Foster can find his next trick, it's a horrible form line he's now built up over the past year.
It was a very odd game. I thought we had them in the headlights at half time - their set piece was getting monstered and we were wearing down their defense plus had usual ***y counter attack.

then in the second half they came much harder at our ruck and our lineout descended to their level when Taylor came on (scrums stayed mostly in our favour). It was a superb comeback win from Argentina.

They'll be pretty determined to fix their set piece though because most days they lose baaaad with such a shambles at scrum time and lineout. That's what is pretty cool for Argentina - there is plenty of room for improvement.