• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloody hell. What's the record for red cards in a Super Rugby season? This year would be getting close already.

_Ed_

The Reds are all over the Hurricanes here.

EDIT: But a good comeback from the Canes since I posted that - from 17-0 to 17-14.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just found out that Kenya and Zimbabwe are in this year's Currie Cup. Preparation for World Cup qualifiers apparently.

Flem274*

123/5
Hunt was pretty solid last year I thought. Before Reuben Love (and now Aiden Morgan too) I was hoping we would nab him or Perofeta in the offseason to finally get rid of the protected species JGB.

Hunt this year has been JGB tier.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Or perhaps not:

Seems as if they may've been altogether too enthusiastic in their borrowings.
Now confirmed:

As Lady Bracknell might've had it, to be kicked out of one world cup for fielding unqualified ringers might be considered misfortune; to be kicked out of two looks like you're taking the Mickey Bliss.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Waratahs beat the Crusaders!!!
Amazing result. Awesome weekend of Super Rugby (NZ teams playing poorly; Aussie teams playing really well).

_Ed_

Dozy start for the Blues here - down 14-0 after only five minutes!

EDIT: But now they're on the board less than a minute later.

EDIT 2: And again. If anyone's wandering into the stadium a few minutes late, they've missed four tries already.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman

We English union fans have a little bit of a tendency to get over excited when a new attacking talent emerges (James Simpson-Daniel, anyone? If you have to look him up, that's kinda my point) because we're not exactly overburdened in that department, but this is a fair effort from London Irish's Henry Arundell, a 19 year old tyro.

He takes a hastily shoveled pass practically on his own try line, barely has time to look up to assess the field of play and sets off.

Firstly, kudos for the ambition, but the way he stands up the Toulon defenders before skinning them on the outside has shades of Jason Robinson, probably our last genuinely incendiary attacking player.

The French commentary adds something too; I don't speak it at all, but one doesn't need to to get the gist.

It seems almost churlish to point out Nick Phipps's original pass was forward... :ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Lad's got wheels

He was playing the U20s six nations this winter and watching him skin some of the Scots schoolboys was very funny.

Incidentally, there's rumours that Edinburgh have been trying to get him capped for Scotland ever since.