• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they're in a tag team in WWE they're almost certainly 100% right in fighting back against whatever nonsense they told was the direction

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah the women's tag belts are treated even more poorly than the mens and those are already an issue more often than not

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I hope it is a work. Hope the whole thing about him getting pissy about his contract is a work too. If it's not he's just a shoot ****

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait how did Samoa Joe Vs Christopher Daniels Vs AJ Styles not make RIS's list
Not seen that one for many years! I definitely enjoyed it but not quite to the level of the hype it got at the time. There was an AJ Styles vs Joe singles match from around the same time which I remember thinking was even better. Might stick both of those in the rewatch queue and see what I make of them now...

trundler

Not seen that one for many years! I definitely enjoyed it but not quite to the level of the hype it got at the time. There was an AJ Styles vs Joe singles match from around the same time which I remember thinking was even better. Might stick both of those in the rewatch queue and see what I make of them now...
I was surprised by not one Styles match making the list. IMO, between his X Division days and NJPW run he's firmly in GOAT territory and the first bloke I think of when I think of great non-WWE matches. The Cena trilogy was epic too, mind. Best since Angle.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I was surprised by not one Styles match making the list. IMO, between his X Division days and NJPW run he's firmly in GOAT territory and the first bloke I think of when I think of great non-WWE matches. The Cena trilogy was epic too, mind. Best since Angle.
I'm very happy with Styles being a great. Just couldn't fit everyone onto those lists. I guess he suffers a little bit with me in that I wasn't actively watching TNA or NJPW when he was having his featured runs in those places, though I've seen several of his most hyped matches from each. There was a G1 match with Minoru Suzuki which I thought was outstanding and he had the best match I've seen anyone manage with Abyss.

I think my favourite match of his is vs Lesnar at Survivor Series 2017, love that one. His Boneyard 'match' with Undertaker was glorious too.

trundler

I'm very happy with Styles being a great. Just couldn't fit everyone onto those lists. I guess he suffers a little bit with me in that I wasn't actively watching TNA or NJPW when he was having his featured runs in those places, though I've seen several of his most hyped matches from each. There was a G1 match with Minoru Suzuki which I thought was outstanding and he had the best match I've seen anyone manage with Abyss.

I think my favourite match of his is vs Lesnar at Survivor Series 2017, love that one. His Boneyard 'match' with Undertaker was glorious too.
Well, picking favourites is especially subjective in wrestling with all the different styles and flavours. Personally love a smooth sequence of moves and counter moves with the odd flippy spinny stuff thrown in granted the latter isn't excessively contrived. Growing up, Styles was my absolute favourite for looking cool as **** and his best work still holds up from a psychology/story telling perspective. I haven't followed wrestling at all since he was IWGP champion and I'm not familiar with anything pre-Hart so my opinion shouldn't count for much.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's absolutely an ATG. Absolutely HBK/Bret Hart tier of good. Though probably not quite as good as either of the aforementioned for me personally.