• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Spikey

man there's a lot of wrestling this weekend

SummerSlam 2016 Weekend: What You Need to Know

the brand spilt has probably damaged my hype levels for summerslam. it feels disjointed and stuff. it's weird that the only title match i'm interested in is for the title that is making it's debut (double turn or die, wwe). Cena-Styles should be great. Brock's match will be interesting in that I wonder if anything different happens now that things have clearly changed (the drug test and Dean's public remarks). Rusev-Reigns might have been cool but they've already damaged it by clearly leaving the rocket on Roman...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Also, re injured people not being tested, Paige is out injured atm, no? So either they do test injured performers, or it lends credence to your Paige and Del Rio getting caught with some pingaz to celebrate her birthday theory.

Athlai

Not Terrible
man there's a lot of wrestling this weekend

SummerSlam 2016 Weekend: What You Need to Know

the brand spilt has probably damaged my hype levels for summerslam. it feels disjointed and stuff. it's weird that the only title match i'm interested in is for the title that is making it's debut (double turn or die, wwe). Cena-Styles should be great. Brock's match will be interesting in that I wonder if anything different happens now that things have clearly changed (the drug test and Dean's public remarks). Rusev-Reigns might have been cool but they've already damaged it by clearly leaving the rocket on Roman...
Personally think the Ambrose Ziggler build was great. After a rocky first week, Smackdown has been the best show by far

Athlai

Not Terrible
So that was the greatest tag match I've ever seen. **** they're all so good. The Revival getting real heat from a smarky as **** crowd too.

OverratedSanity

That tag match was amazing and it was a great show overall. Roode's entrance made me hard.

I hope Joe's not hurt... needs to be brought up after his rematch.

Spikey

i found joe-naka to be pretty disappointing. 3rd best match of the night, and it might have been the fourth had Roode's match finished stronger

I just think they booked it the wrong way around. After the epic entrance, after Naka interrupted Joe's entrance, the heat just got sucked right out by the slow, boring & emotionless face/hell dynamic they did for the first half of the match, they just didn't give Naka anything. It obviously finished stronger, but that first half was very boring to me, and nakamura shouldn't be boring. i'll watch it again, and maybe it'll be better on replay, but it could/should have been a real fiery encounter and it just wasn't.

Maybe they were trying to avoid a match like Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi, but Joe did some of the things he did in that match tonight, but Naka couldn't respond

OverratedSanity

Yeah, it picked up a bit towards the end but I thought it was pretty dull too. They'll hopefully do a better job with the rematch.

Roode needs a new finisher btw, that was pretty lame.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a ****ing wrestling match than I was for Asuka vs Bayley.

Athlai

Not Terrible
So Lesnar just busted Orton open hardway and it ended up being a TKO. What the ****. He's a crazy person.

OverratedSanity

That was a lame finish.

AJ vs Cena though... they can have a ppv match every month till the end of the year and I'd be okay with it..