• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow.

Just wow.

It's crazy to say given it's a draw but that is probably our greatest Test result since Pune 2017. Hell, possibly even the South Africa 2014 series. Remarkable stuff given the position we were in.
I mean a draw isn't a win but as an isolated batting performance you have to go a long way to find anything comparable (India 04 probably)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant effort here. Khawaja take a bow. Most important ton he's made since South Africa in Adelaide. Probably even more important. Held together the team in both innings. What an amazing test.

I honestly can't believe we managed to draw that.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean this general approach to batting in Asian conditions didn't start with this Test match so idk about "Langer validated". Batting time and grinding it out really was a feature of the India series too, they just weren't good enough (as was the case 1st dig here).

stephen

I honestly thought it was all over when the Marsh brothers went duck hunting but fair play to Head he played a lucky but fine innings. Paine has been extremely impressive since his recall. The selectors were right to rate him so highly for all those years.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean this general approach to batting in Asian conditions didn't start with this Test match so idk about "Langer validated". Batting time and grinding it out really was a feature of the India series too, they just weren't good enough (as was the case 1st dig here).
Yeah it's just a big change in mentality. Willing to make the effort to bat time is half the battle won in these situations. Australia have rejected the nonsense #NaturalGame argument and this is the result.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Brilliant knocks had there, sad I couldn’t fit in more viewing, seemed intense. I’ll be interested to see if any changes are forthcoming in personnel

Burgey

Renners for Labushagne with Darsh to four, Head five and MMarsh six, but I bet they don’t.

morgieb

India had a better bowling attack and the pitches were nowhere near as flat (apart from the 3rd Test which we saved a fair bit more easily than this one) which probably was a factor, tbf.

harsh.ag

Fantastic. Hope they make the requisite changes in the second test and not waste thei number 6 position.

Spark

Global Moderator
India had a better bowling attack and the pitches were nowhere near as flat (apart from the 3rd Test which we saved a fair bit more easily than this one) which probably was a factor, tbf.
Yeah indeed, the point was it was the lack of quality that was exposed in the end.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Wow, i don't really remember when australia last batted this long in the 4th innings to save a test against all odds with 3 already down before the 5h day began. Gritty and hard fought draws have never really been their thing so it must feel special and like a win.