• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Pakistan bat today, how do you think the NZ bowlers will look to dismiss Azhar, Younus and Misbah? In the recent series, they looked brilliant, so I'm interested in the tactics especially against Younus.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If Pakistan bat today, how do you think the NZ bowlers will look to dismiss Azhar, Younus and Misbah? In the recent series, they looked brilliant, so I'm interested in the tactics especially against Younus.
Pitch it up, hope for a little bit of outswing.

He barely played a cover drive vs Aus (apart from that glorious one off Johnson).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pitch it up, hope for a little bit of outswing.

He barely played a cover drive vs Aus (apart from that glorious one off Johnson).
If the conditions are similar, the keeper and slips better come up a bit more than normal.

I think NZ are going to handle themselves well with the bat. McCullum opening in these conditions is a good move. With the ball though, Craig and Sodhi are going to have to bowl out of their skin.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If the conditions are similar, the keeper and slips better come up a bit more than normal.

I think NZ are going to handle themselves well with the bat. McCullum opening in these conditions is a good move. With the ball though, Craig and Sodhi are going to have to bowl out of their skin.
The good thing about that is that NZ have been playing on slow wickets quite a bit in the last few years and have managed plenty of catches in the slips by coming up quite a lot. So I'm somewhat confident that if the bowlers bowl well there will be wickets to be had.

Yeah, Craig and Sodhi the massive glaring weakness. Also a weak middle order with Anderson at 5.

Flem274*

123/5
if all else fails, beamers