• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, dropping McCarthy is plain stupid.

I have a feeling this test will be decided by how Ireland negotiates Shadab. Yasir's absence is a big bonus for them. But they have known issue against legspin. Shadab is no mug.

If the conditions are conducive, I expect seamers from both sides to do well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Shadab takes his first 1st class 10-for. Not too shabby. Amir going wicketless doesn't bode all that well though.
Amir nowadays almost always has no wickets to show though everyone says he is bowling well. Is it just bad luck for him or is his current version of bowling not suited to take wickets?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amir nowadays almost always has no wickets to show though everyone says he is bowling well. Is it just bad luck for him or is his current version of bowling not suited to take wickets?
Almost certainly the latter. 'Bowling well' is in the eye of the beholder. Whatever he's doing can't be defined as bowling well from a stats/wickets pov, as least not well enough at test match level.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, I was in the bowling well but not taking wickets camp earlier but with the passage of time it's becoming clear that he just isn't very good anymore. His own admission that he wants to focus on t20s is probably evidence that he himself knows that he just isn't good enough anymore

cnerd123

likes this
Mohammad Sami syndrome

I think he's just forgotten how to set batsmen up. Still bowling good balls, so to speak, but it takes more than bowling in good areas to get wickets at the top level. I don't know for sure, will need to watch him bowl some extended spells to know what's happening, but it definitely seems like that.

Starfighter

I reckon he's degraded a little skills wise too, or that was the case down here iirc. Doesn't seem to swing the ball as well, and seems to have lost the ability to swing it back into lefties. Just after he came back I thought his action perhaps didn't flow as well and he's lost a hair of pace, but it's really hard to pinpoint anything that's changed. It might be what you suspect, certainly missing out on years of high level cricket would seriously set one back on that front.

Gnske

Really excited for this. The game shrinks by the year, but something good will start to grow in Dublin tomorrow.

Hopefully they grow a noose that is perfect tailored for the ICC's neck.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pleasantly surprised that this is going to be on TV here. Looking forward to watching a bit of history live later tonight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Foxtel have the rights but they're only showing daily highlights the following afternoon rather than covering it live. Grim.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/Cricket-IRL-v-PAK-Day-1/95002677

They should've just launched the Fox Cricket channel early, as I imagine this is simply because there's too much other stuff they want to show in this period.
Disappointing. It's a pretty rare event, would've gotten some attention IMO. But yeah there is an awful lot on right now (AFL, NRL, Super Rugby, IPL, etc.)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland for the win. A well deserved recognition after a long wait. Hope the oldies do well and retire with contentment.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Sky are showing it in the United Kingdom which is pleasantly surprising - this was a late addition. I'll probably just manage to catch highlights myself as the county championship is on.

Firebreaker

Banned
It will rain out for most of the match but hats off to CI for their minimum coverage of this historical match in favor of Mickey Mouse cricket which happens every year and a hotbed of match fixing

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
According to BBC's weather: **** weather today and Sunday, good weather tomorrow and Monday-Tuesday. Presumably it will be a stop and start sort of affair then.