• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not sure why a bowler was batting ahead of Waller but ok
Maruma is a batsman these days. Barely bowls at all. Why he actually gets selected in the national side given that fact is completely beyond me but he's picked as a batsman. He made his Test debut recently and opened the batting in both innings but didn't bowl.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see. Should've realised something was up when I didn't see him amongst the bowling figures.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Maruma is a batsman these days. Barely bowls at all. Why he actually gets selected in the national side given that fact is completely beyond me but he's picked as a batsman. He made his Test debut recently and opened the batting in both innings but didn't bowl.
He barely bats at all either. Complete waste of a selection. Simply walks to the crease. Scatches around on the pitch like a chicken for a few deliveries, gets out and walks back. Job done

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams has been reprimanded after pleading guilty to a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during Zimbabwe’s first T20I against Pakistan in Harare on Friday.

The charge related to an incident in Zimbabwe’s innings when Williams, after being given out in the 14th over, left the wicket shaking his head, speaking aloud and hitting his bat into the ground.

The range of permissible sanctions for all first Level 1 offences is a warning or reprimand and/or the imposition of a fine of up to 50 per cent of the applicable match fee.

Zimbabwe?s Sean Williams reprimanded for showing dissent | News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

I'd say that he'll get a warning as Zimbabwe players don't get paid a match fee. Even with the new deal with the players association about getting a match fee, I don't believe it's been implemented yet.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams has been reprimanded after pleading guilty to a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during Zimbabwe’s first T20I against Pakistan in Harare on Friday.

The charge related to an incident in Zimbabwe’s innings when Williams, after being given out in the 14th over, left the wicket shaking his head, speaking aloud and hitting his bat into the ground.

The range of permissible sanctions for all first Level 1 offences is a warning or reprimand and/or the imposition of a fine of up to 50 per cent of the applicable match fee.

Zimbabwe?s Sean Williams reprimanded for showing dissent | News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

I'd say that he'll get a warning as Zimbabwe players don't get paid a match fee. Even with the new deal with the players association about getting a match fee, I don't believe it's been implemented yet.
You'd think most incidents like that in most internationals are barely even noticed at all. Be very disappointed if he got anything worse than a warning.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Good, platform-setting one-day batting so far. But you suspect they'll fall away as the gradient steepens, to use the cycling parlance.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
100 up, game well and truly in the balance here, Ajmal still with 8 overs to bowl though, run-rate creeping up too

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Good situation for Taylor to do something vaguely useful for the first time in a long time.