• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Xuhaib

International Coach
btw Younis now has a hundred in SA which both Inzi and Yousuf never accomplished. Aus is the only major side against which he does not have a 100 but does average 43 while batting there.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think Pakistani fans are just worried that they can fold in the next ten runs. The keeper bats like Chris Martin in international games depite having a higher FC average then Azhar,Asad and Hafeez and then there is a long tail. It was a good fight back but even then its just even steven,s just like the first test day 2 might just give us a better picture.
dude, I doubt you can call this even stevens. Pakistan don't have the luxury of having a tail like England's and Sarfaraz is no Prior. If only Asad Shafiq can farm the strike and try to negotiate the new ball and the fresh South African bowlers then we might be able to get to 300.

smash84

The Tiger King
just wait till SA come to bat, Amla and Kallis will make this look like the roads of SC with neither spin nor pace getting any chance :p

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite proud of Younis Khan..the only batsman in the team who can be considered world class..plus a century IN South Africa..if we add his centuries against South Africa at home..I think he probably has the best record against South Africa for a Pakistani batsman.

If only Junaid Khan was fit, Pakistan had a real chance of winning this match.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think smali is right, prob still 60-40 SA. Runs on the board are nice though.
If Junaid was in..I would say 50-50...Any reasonable Pakistan fan should not expect more than 250-260 playing overseas..even back in the 90s when Pakistan won a test match in South Africa, they scored around that...and South Africa's batting is always vulnerable to collapses.

And Pakistan are capable of winning with such totals..but Junaid got injured at the wrong time..

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think this performance by Philander puts to rest any speculation that Steyn is better than him

[/sarcasm]

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Who got to the fastest 100 test wickets? Any chance for Philander to equal or overtake it?
The fastest modern players are Botham and Ajmal who took 19 tests they are 8 and 9. The others are pre-War. Vern is currently on 83 wickets in 15 tests. The record was set in 1896 16 tests, byGeroge Lohmann who averages 10

Last edited: