• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

subshakerz

International Coach
Really looking forward to seeing Gul, Asif and Aamer bowling together. Could they be potentially the best pace bowling attack in the world?

Polo23

International Debutant
Could they be potentially the best pace bowling attack in the world?
That's a big call considering Aamer only has 6 test wickets @ 43.50 and Gul's test record is pretty average. I also can't even remember the last time Asif played a test match.

Flem274*

123/5
Really looking forward to seeing Gul, Asif and Aamer bowling together. Could they be potentially the best pace bowling attack in the world?
Potentially maybe. Though they need Asif to stay out of trouble, Gul to improve and Aamer to continue to develop.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That's a big call considering Aamer only has 6 test wickets @ 43.50 and Gul's test record is pretty average. I also can't even remember the last time Asif played a test match.
Thats why he said potentially ofcourse it all depends on Asif's comback and Aamir's development. Gul test record is pretty ok considering he has had very little support and he also had to play a lot of his games on some really flat roads.

btw Aamir had 5 realitivley takeable drop catches during the series

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Aamir will be Pakistan's pace bowler of the series. he will also outbowl Martin and O'Brien easily. Bond will give him a good run for his money though.
For someone so young I can't believe how smart he is seems to be.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aamir will be Pakistan's pace bowler of the series. he will also outbowl Martin and O'Brien easily. Bond will give him a good run for his money though.
For someone so young I can't believe how smart he is seems to be.
No it will be Asif

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Interesting: Review system to be used in New Zealand-Pakistan Tests | Cricket News | New Zealand v Pakistan 2009-10 | Cricinfo.com.

As I'm a fan of the review system (or rather, what the review system could and should be) I'm pleased at this news.

However I'm confused as to whether it's talking about the upcoming series in NZ or the true 'home' series also in NZ next year. I think it's the latter and won't be used in the series starting next week, but not sure.
Its being used in the series starting next week, also being used in south Africa v England and Aus v WI. They have cut it down to 2 referals each.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Aamer does have 62 non Test FC wickets at 16.35 in his career to date.

I have no idea what constitutes FC cricket in Pakistan (if it's all one level like Australia or two levels like South Africa), but that's bloody impressive for a kid.

Polo23

International Debutant
Aamer does have 62 non Test FC wickets at 16.35 in his career to date.

I have no idea what constitutes FC cricket in Pakistan (if it's all one level like Australia or two levels like South Africa), but that's bloody impressive for a kid.
I'm not saying the kid isn't talented and won't turn into something big. I'm just saying calling it the best bowling attack in the world when a lot about all of the bowlers is unknown at the highest level is a big call. Of course he did say potentially, but potentially any attack in the world could be the greatest.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Its being used in the series starting next week, also being used in south Africa v England and Aus v WI. They have cut it down to 2 referals each.
Yup there was a discussion on Radiosport yesterday about the referrals and thats essentially whats going to happen. Pleased to see the referrals cut down to two unsuccessful appeals, three (which was tested last summer) was too many IMO and one would be too risky for a 50-50 call, so two's the right balance in my view.

Xuhaib

International Coach
no YK or Misbah we could have a dropped cathes galore with Farhat,Butt and U.Akmal standing in the slips.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Shane Bond has taken 6 wickets in the match against Otago so far and has bowled 34 overs. Do you select him for the first test?