• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand 2020/21

James

Cricket Web Owner
Awesome win!

Now hopefully our Anzac brothers can give us a hand by beating India, so we can make the WTC Final :)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Considering where NZ were at the start of the decade (a loss to Pakistan at home and in general much tut-tutting about how the test cricket world needed a 2-tier system to be interesting), time to celebrate.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Awesome win!

Now hopefully our Anzac brothers can give us a hand by beating India, so we can make the WTC Final :)

I dont understand this. It's better if Australia lose both the remaining tests. They will be below us.
There's more chance of Aus missing out than india.
I'd also rather face the best opposition (india) in the final

BeeGee

International Captain
Don't India and Aus have WTC series still to play against Eng and SA respectively?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't India and Aus have WTC series still to play against SA and Eng respectively?
yeah there are still quite a few permutations to come - while both India and Aus are favourites, SA are certainly capable of surprising Australia in a test or two, while the points table could be such that India need the full 4-0 vs England

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome win!

I actually think it would be best for us if India wins 3-1. Aus winning 3-0 in South Africa strikes me as less likely than India winning 4-0 at home v England (assuming either series goes ahead).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually think it would be best for us if India wins 3-1. Aus winning 3-0 in South Africa strikes me as less likely than India winning 4-0 at home v England (assuming either series goes ahead).
I actually reckon there's a fair chance of both those events tbh. South Africa are pretty ****ed at the moment.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I actually reckon there's a fair chance of both those events tbh. South Africa are pretty ****ed at the moment.
Yeah, SA’s batting in particular looks a rabble. Still they have some quality bowlers (well at least one if Rabada is fit) so I could see them pinching a test. Can’t say the same for England in India. Either way an Aus v India final is looking odds on