• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Niall

International Coach
Misbah is very rigid in his approach and that has been the major reason for his success so won't really criticise him for that but I hope after this loss, he seriously considers dropping Hafeez and having Azhar open with Sami.
Not totally sure its really Misbahs call, Azhar a senior now and supposedly he does not want to open. Its very messy really.

Ideally Azhar opening gives them an excuse to get a new bat in the middle order for an easy series in the West Indies, but I doubt their will be any major changes for that no matter the outcome of this tour.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not totally sure its really Misbahs call, Azhar a senior now and supposedly he does not want to open. Its very messy really.

Ideally Azhar opening gives them an excuse to get a new bat in the middle order for an easy series in the West Indies, but I doubt their will be any major changes for that no matter the outcome of this tour.
From what I can gather, Inzy wanted to have Azhar as opener, Misbah and Azhar shot him down.

More than his batting, I am pissed off with Hafeez's dropped catches at first slip. At some level I knew he was a walking wicket outside of Asia. But dropping Root on Day 4 :@

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Both their averages now in low 28s. Hope they never go back above 28.5 each again.
I'm not so sure. If Anderson gets a flaying on the roads they'll prepare down under for the next Ashes, his final career average could be just the right side of 30.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Vince has broken a finger that might be a relief for the selectors in a way. Borthwick in.

91Jmay

International Coach
Not really a proper chance as England are close, Vince injury could give someone a huge opportunity.

Techniques this ugly should not be allowed. End this now please.