• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
decisive footwork the most impressive thing IMO, against the angle of Shaheen, sheer pace of Naseem, swing of Abbas and spin of Yasir.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I can easily see England turning this around tbh. Pope is playing well and just needs someone to stick around and not play bad shots. I think he's faced all we have to offer and looked good against them all.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I can easily see England turning this around tbh. Pope is playing well and just needs someone to stick around and not play bad shots. I think he's faced all we have to offer and looked good against them all.
That's some terrible Gambhiring. We're 234 behind with our last two recognised batsmen, one of whom is basically playing for his place.

You're miiiiles ahead.

I really don't get our team selection at all, we've completely messed with a structure that was working. We may have won the last game with it, but it obviously can't last.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Pakistan are miles ahead as it stands. Will take something pretty special for England to cross 250, and even that would leave Pakistan with a potentially matchwinning lead.

flibbertyjibber

His England record is bad because we massacred him at OT last series. Was something like 250-2 or something wild like that.

Meant to say overall record in England. Won the game at Lords though.
He played a major part in the last series, won when he bowled well and lost when he bowled poorly. Was a bizarre series.

smash84

The Tiger King
England seemed to have been recovering well until Root did a Root and got out against the run of play.

Buttler has ruined Pak's plans before as well. Would be interesting to see if he does it again.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's some terrible Gambhiring. We're 234 behind with our last two recognised batsmen, one of whom is basically playing for his place.

You're miiiiles ahead.

I really don't get our team selection at all, we've completely messed with a structure that was working. We may have won the last game with it, but it obviously can't last.
I would much rather they just played 4 bowlers but it is not like they just did it on a whim. Hopefully Stokes is fit to bowl in the next match and they never do this ever again.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
No this is England's match to lose. :ph34r:

Haha, not at all at attempt at gambhiring, I'm only commenting that they have the tools to turn this around. You've got a tail that knows how to bat and Pope who really hasn't looked like being troubled. Outside of Abbas I'm pretty sure we're out of tricks until later in the match when the ball starts turning a lot more.

Turning this around in this context would mean still getting to about 275 at most and this seems like a pitch that this is very doable on.

Obviously would be very happy to be wrong.

vcs

Just watching the highlights, Bess bowled some crap after lunch. England had Pakistan under pressure at that point, they let things slip away in that post-lunch session big time.

Woodster

International Captain
England have capable batsmen to come, but it’s a lot to ask if we lose an early wicket tomorrow for Woakes and Bess to dig us out of this hole against a quality looking Pakistan attack. It’s fine having Woakes and Bess come in when we’ve already got a decent score on the board and they can bat without too much pressure, but if we’re still 200 (or more) in deficit it may be too much. We’re a batsman light for sure, that’s not hindsight, it was fairly obvious against this side we’d need more batting.

Credit to Pakistan bowling, they are an exciting bunch and of course to Shan Masood who batted really nicely. Ollie Pope looked the business when he came out, he was positive, he jumped on anything loose and ran really well too. Pleased Buttler got through to the close but these two need to go big tomorrow to keep us in this one.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Masood just nudged and nurdled his way to 156, while also managing to accelerate significantly in the 2nd half of his innings. Perfect opener's knock in these kind of conditions.
Yeah, best innings by a travelling opener over here in some years.

Sets the tone doing it first innings of the series like that.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Can’t see us getting anywhere near 250 if I’m honest. It’ll need something really special now for England to win this.