• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just me or did international keepers used to be much better at keeping to spin? Feel like that type of catch used to be thought of as fairly routine, and now it's not.
I think it's probably slightly worse now, but realistically in the time I've been watching cricket excellent keeping against spin has kind of been the exception rather than the norm. Might be imagining things though.

OverratedSanity

Is it just me or did international keepers used to be much better at keeping to spin? Feel like that type of catch used to be thought of as fairly routine, and now it's not.
Just a general decline in the standard of wicket keeping because so many teams prioritize a keeper's value with the bat imo. Bad keeping to spinners just sticks out more.

vcs

Babar's form hasn't skipped a beat over the COVID break, has it? Brilliant stuff so far.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Just a general decline in the standard of wicket keeping because so many teams prioritize a keeper's value with the bat imo. Bad keeping to spinners just sticks out more.
Looking at Buttler's stance, he isn't even squatting all the way down. People like Healy, Mongia, Dhoni, Gilchrist used to go full ass-to-grass keeping to spin.

Daemon

These Sky mini documentaries are seriously ace.

I hope they make their way to Youtube eventually.

trundler

Definitely agree with the new domestic format. Kookaburras and flatter decks being used will definitely improve the quality of batsmen coming through too. Good signs.

Daemon

The doco had me a little teary eyed. Not enough Younis Khan though.
Yeah MisYo were what kept them together. Misbah in particular is the greatest ever Pakistani cricketer for me in terms of non cricketing attributes.