• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****kk can’t believe I’m missing out on this. Reaching home in about 30min, wait for me Babz

morgieb

This is just A++ batting from Azam. It's rare that whenever a batsman comes in you can feel confident he's gonna get a big one. We're at that point with Babar.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm loving this footwork from Babar. Makes me realise just how awful our guys were, hovering on the crease to bowling that's not even that quick.

Just love watching him bat.
That is honestly something I'd noticed too from basically all the WI batsman for ages; they're so reluctant to really get on the front foot. Pitches at fault?

Though I'd add that at no point against us did Broad and Anderson bowl this badly. A lot of loose stuff is on offer. Fatigue perhaps?
The benefits of pushing pressure back on the bowler tbf. Azam sensed a moment and has grabbed it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Babar vs Bess really isn't a fair contest, is it. Reminds me of one of those dads vs school team matches.

Uppercut

I'd planned to go to this game, so will be a bit raging if a ridiculously elegant century sets up a great match.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That is honestly something I'd noticed too from basically all the WI batsman for ages; they're so reluctant to really get on the front foot. Pitches at fault?
Possibly. This generation have grown up on some awful pitches. I'm pretty much done with most of them tbh, I think they're beyond hope and we need to try something new.

For now I'll just enjoy watching a proper batsman at work.

smash84

The Tiger King
somewhat pleasantly surprised to find us not having lost half the team by now......fingers crossed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Root is gonna be super defensive in his fields for Bess now, isn't he? That might just play into the hands of Pak at the moment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Still think as of now Bess is a better bet than the seamers to nick one of these out. If Root can be sensible about it though and not be ultra defensive.