• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyway Vaughan wants the pink ball used in all cricket.
I called it a while ago in one of the other threads. Its pretty much how ODIs evolved too. Need a lot more going right before pink balls are the norm but if they can last anywhere, it has to be in England with al the clouds and the grass in the pitch and in the outfield.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Not a fan of the lights rule. Not a fan of the rain rule. I remember as a kid I played through all of that. The only thing that should end a game is when your mum's screaming to come inside gets embarrassing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not a fan of the lights rule. Not a fan of the rain rule. I remember as a kid I played through all of that. The only thing that should end a game is when your mum's screaming to come inside gets embarrassing.
Also when the threats of no dinner start to seem more realistic.

Reactions: vcs

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So.. we can write off this game now, given the forecast for tomorrow looks even more grim?

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Very informative article by Mr Dobell - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29666462/cricket-dark-ages-issue-bad-light

I don't remember test captains turning down the opportunity to play under lights but since that was the case in 2015...shouldn't there be another round of talks? The captains of almost all nations have changed since then, players are more willing to play if recent talk is anything to go by AND the use of a pink ball is very possible now (there have been several day/night tests). Let's move forward.

Spark

Global Moderator
Very informative article by Mr Dobell - https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29666462/cricket-dark-ages-issue-bad-light

I don't remember test captains turning down the opportunity to play under lights but since that was the case in 2015...shouldn't there be another round of talks? The captains of almost all nations have changed since then, players are more willing to play if recent talk is anything to go by AND the use of a pink ball is very possible now (there have been several day/night tests). Let's move forward.
They'll all say how much they want to play more (and fair enough, they probably do), but they'll still take the opportunity to walk off the moment they judge it helps their side to do so. Cold professionalism > "would nice to play under lights more".

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do you not play for a day and a half, finally get on the park then need more sawdust before a ball is bowled? Useless