• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in England 2019

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Indian batting is not equipped to score or chase down the kind of scores that we are seeing here. This World Cup could really be Pakistan's mauka.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I recall India chasing 320 in 40 overs versus West Indies last year. They have the greatest chaser in their ranks.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
From cricinfo -"Pakistan is the first team in ODI history to score 340 or more in three consecutive innings."

England likely to be the second. No other team{s} have shown this consistency. Most of them rely on hail Mary innings from one or two guys to get their.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These chases aren't supposed to be this easy FFS.

England are ridiculous.

Heboric

International Debutant
Congrats England winning

Battle of the popguns

Toy_popgun.jpg

Dueling Banjos popguns

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was about to type 'If Vince doesn't score a ton for England here I don't think he ever will.'

So yeah.

Another flash start for England. You'd think that the mini-collapse the other day would remind people not to count their chickens on England's batting, but here the Beeb are anyway talking about whether it'll be 350 or 450. They've played eight overs, lol. And you just know these blowhards will be out here moaning about the approach when the batting does go pete tong once a season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was about to type 'If Vince doesn't score a ton for England here I don't think he ever will.'

So yeah.
I think that the sub-plot for Vince was that a major innings or two in the 50 overs games would have put him in the frame for a top 3 place in the test team. Rightly or wrongly, but we're not exactly over-burdened with alternatives. Instead, it's another start. Shame, as clearly the lad can play.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah I think that's spot on.

Hope to get some proper cake from Root and Morgan here before the icing resumes.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Maybe it was a bit more sugary than what I had in mind, but still cake. Sticky toffee pudding, perhaps.

I'm hungry.