• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Riwzan has batted like an absolutely deity in A-team cricket the past two or three years. Mainly fifty overs stuff but only because that's what Pakistan A usually play. It was a bit of a joke he wasn't at the World Cup IMO, even just as a reserve bat if they were set on Sarfraz as captain.
He also has an excellent FC record full stop. I know he plays the same role as Sarfraz but you look at guys like Iftikhar and you wonder why there isn't room for both of them.

vcs

this babar guy can bat huh. whether he does well in tests is going to be all about his head.
I feel he's the most talented of the younger crop of batsmen (not seen enough of Gill and Shaw but have really high expectations of Gill in particular).

He's also made heaps of limited overs runs and is steadily improving so I don't see him going down the Umar Akmal route.

vcs

Such an awful decision to bat him at 3.

Pakistan could have been a hugely different position in this match if they'd sent Babar in at three to stitch together a bit of a partnership, while also keeping the scoreboard moving, and given the likes of Sohail, Iftikhar, etc. a much better chance of keeping things going. Shafiq has decent technique as well but he's proven to be far too inconsistent and a mental midget to be able to handle that responsibility.

morgieb

I feel he's the most talented of the younger crop of batsmen (not seen enough of Gill and Shaw but have really high expectations of Gill in particular).

He's also made heaps of limited overs runs and is steadily improving so I don't see him going down the Umar Akmal route.
Although Babar's closer in age to Root/Kane than he is to Gill/Shaw.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess I just haven't watched many Pakistan tests this decade. Easily the least followed team for me.

DriveClub

International Regular
This is the lineup pakistan should go with for the next test:

Imam
Azhar
Masood
Babar
Shafiq
Rizwan
Sohail/Iftikar
Yasir
Shaheen
Abbas
Haseen

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Horrible result but there are some positives to take away from this match. Really happy Rizwan did well and Babar made a ton. Like I said before, I like what I saw from Naseem and Afridi even if they're extremely raw. The pieces are there.

smash84

The Tiger King
Horrible result but there are some positives to take away from this match. Really happy Rizwan did well and Babar made a ton. Like I said before, I like what I saw from Naseem and Afridi even if they're extremely raw. The pieces are there.
The problem with pakistan cricket is that they always remain pieces. I am not too hopeful with this lot. Naseem is the only one i see some potential in, but given recent history of our pace bowling I am not holding my breath.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So it's clear to me that Naseem Shah has some raw talent, but why do the PCB constantly play such young cricketers at Test level? I can't really see how it'd be a better option than letting them develop at FC level for a few more years and having them debut at the age of 19/20 years old.

Pretty much the only Pakistan cricketer that I can think of that has successfully emerged from such a young age is Shahid Afridi, apart from that there have been plenty of talents wasted thanks in some part to this crazy selection policy.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
That may very well be true, in that case I can't really see the advantage of convincing the world that they're younger than what they are. If anything it puts more pressure on the player in question.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That may very well be true, in that case I can't really see the advantage of convincing the world that they're younger than what they are. If anything it puts more pressure on the player in question.
They do it so they can play age-registricted international youth comps for longer. Obviously it ceases to matter anymore when they're "sixteen" playing international cricket, but there's nothing to gain at that point by saying "lol btw I was cheating before".