• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
If they're going to declare the question is will they wait for the big 200, which would amazingly be a first ever for Pak in Aus...

Edit: I think rain just answered my Q... Perhaps a good chance to insert them now on the resumption to see if there's some extra zip.... Although on the flip side might not want their new ball getting wet either.
Too early, they might as well make the most of having a guy set and a tail that can hit and lash out for 5-10 overs, if they put another 50-60 on, they dramatically increase their chances of winning.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they're going to declare the question is will they wait for the big 200, which would amazingly be a first ever for Pak in Aus...

Edit: I think rain just answered my Q... Perhaps a good chance to insert them now on the resumption to see if there's some extra zip.... Although on the flip side might not want their new ball getting wet either.
I'd probably attack for the next few overs and try and get Azhar to 200. If he gets out before then then I'd think about declaring. 400 probably the bare minimum to get the chance of the follow-on.....which is probably the easiest way to win the game at this point.

morgieb

I can't recall seeing an Australian attack so hopeless at removing the tail in a home series before.
It's worse that Pakistan's tail is percieved as the worst, too. I don't get it. I suppose Starc being slightly off-colour and Hazlewood/Bird not being super well suited to attack suited batsmen hasn't helped but it's been bizarre; what has kept Pakistan afloat this series.

DriveClub

International Regular
It's worse that Pakistan's tail is percieved as the worst, too. I don't get it. I suppose Starc being slightly off-colour and Hazlewood/Bird not being super well suited to attack suited batsmen hasn't helped but it's been bizarre; what has kept Pakistan afloat this series.
Credit should go to mickey arthur for working with the tail

morgieb

Sohail Khan's turnaround with the bat is stunning. Poor FC record but has been very impressive for a bowler in the last few Tests.

morgieb

$7 value for Pakistan? Yes there's rain forecast but Australia are looking very mentally fatigued, and it's hard to know how much rain will fall anyway.