• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NZ in Bangladesh (5 T20s)

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I think even if we win a game or two that'll be sweet. I'm predicting Bangladesh to win the series by probably 4-1 or 3-2.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not really that fussed on how we perform, obviously given none of these guys are playing in the World Cup.

Actually, looking at the squad, there's really no one I'm truly interested in seeing how they go. All of them are either shoe-horned into this format because all the guys above them are out of action, or guys like CdG/Bennett/Kuggle etc who missed the World Cup squad because they haven't performed.

Would've been good to see Finn Allen but he's out, obviously. Some interest I guess in how Rachin, Sears and McConchie go at international level.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Crazy that only 3 players in the squad have more than 10 T20I caps. Latham/Nicholls/CdG. Really hope CdG does well, it still blows my mind that Daryl Mitchell is ahead of him in the pecking order for T20 (injuries not withstanding). Would have CdG over Mitchell any day of the week.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
1. Liton
2. Nurul Hasan
3. Shakib
4. Afif
5. Mushfiq
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mahedi H
8. Saifuddin
9. Shoriful
10. Nasum
11. Mustafiz

Nurul Hasan opened few times in domestic and I think he’ll do well in t20s opening. With Mushfiq back in middle order, its difficult to find a slot for nurul in middle order so I’m opting for him to open and also to keep the gloves. Naim is ODI player imo. Soumya is rubbish.

I really hope the pitches are not slow for this series. We will not achieve anything by beating this NZ team in slow pitches. Rather make a flat pitch and practice for WC would be a better option.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Crazy that only 3 players in the squad have more than 10 T20I caps. Latham/Nicholls/CdG. Really hope CdG does well, it still blows my mind that Daryl Mitchell is ahead of him in the pecking order for T20 (injuries not withstanding). Would have CdG over Mitchell any day of the week.
Fair call. Neither of them have set the world on fire, and CdG is a better bowler. And arguably a more destructive hitter. Maybe Mitchell plays spin and slow stuff better? Not sure

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*T20Is

Mind you, ODIs are heading that way too. They are heading towards only being relevant to cricket boards around World Cup time.
That's what I'm saying. You have an international tour and instead of Tests and ODIs it's only T20Is. And FIVE of them! And NZ are playing a 2nd string side.

ataraxia

International Coach
NZ squad (15)

Batsmen:

Tom Latham (captain, wk)
Tom Blundell (wk)
Henry Nicholls
Will Young

All-rounders:

Rachin Ravindra
Cole McConchie
Colin de Grandhomme
Doug Bracewell
Scott Kuggeleijn

Bowlers:

Hamish Bennett
Jacob Duffy
Ben Sears
Blair Tickner
Matt Henry

Ajaz Patel

First XI something like

Nicholls /
Ravindra / o
Latham* / +
Young /
McConchie / o
de Grandhomme / o
Bracewell o /
Kuggeleijn o / (sadly probable)
Duffy o
Ajaz o
Sears o

Or one of the ARs comes out for Blundell.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@SillyCowCorner1 there is a news for you

“My doctor has told me to stay away. He has told me not to get involved in cricketing affairs even if I remain in charge of the board. I absolutely hate it when Bangladesh lose a game. I become absolutely furious when we lose. Even my family members don't want to bother me at that time," said the BCB President.

Being the owner of the Bangladesh team is no small task...I Hope Papon heeds his doctor's advice.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
First XI something like

Nicholls /
Ravindra / o
Latham* / +
Young /
McConchie / o
de Grandhomme / o
Bracewell o /
Kuggeleijn o / (sadly probable)
Duffy o
Ajaz o
Sears o

Or one of the ARs comes out for Blundell.
We are missing Finn Allen, very much, based on that lineup.

So yeah, definitely Blundell in for any of the 5 guys bowling seam-up.