• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Nidahas Tri-Series T20I Trophy 2018

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
BTW, who brought Nagin (snake) dance into international cricket? Can we not keep some of our dirty Indian/sub-continental secrets under the wraps?
I saw a whole debate about this on twitter the other day..According to Andrew Fernando (CI writer for SL) some Bangladeshi guys started it..which the SL guys mocked..which was then mocked by the Bangers after the final league game.

The dance is as poisonous as the snake it would seem.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
You know, I woke up this morning and realized something. I had nothing to live for, nothing to keep me going to later hours of the evening without the Nidahas trophy to entertain me in this miserable and meaningless, hollowed life I live.

Is drowning as peaceful as they say?
Beautifully sums up my feelings of #NidahasWithdrawals

cnerd123

likes this
I thought SL team did pretty well without their top T20Iplayers and not having a proper T20 competition on their own.

India had a massive support from SL at the ground cos of BAN antics the other day.
I don't know if winning just one game and coming last in their own home tournament would be classified as doing 'pretty well'

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought SL team did pretty well without their top T20Iplayers and not having a proper T20 competition on their own.

India had a massive support from SL at the ground cos of BAN antics the other day.
Yes, once the top t20 players Gunaratne and Lakmal come back in, even Bangladesh won't be able to beat them. The current SL team has massive potential and can be world beaters once they have a T20 competition.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
India won with their 5th XI though
SL has 1/50 the population of India tho.

So technically speaking,

These are from top 20 players from 1000 million population

While SL team would be the top20 players from a population of 20 Million

What a disparity...

we even beat them in grounp stages..

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Yes, once the top t20 players Gunaratne and Lakmal come back in, even Bangladesh won't be able to beat them. The current SL team has massive potential and can be world beaters once they have a T20 competition.
Yaay,

plus Mathews, Malinga, Munaweera, Dickwella, Kulasekare.

Best team in T20Is,

Only team to play 3 WT20 Finals, in 6 tournaments so far..

There's a 50% chance SL will end up in Finals in Wt20s, for a country that is grief-stricken with a proper T20 league, that's a massive, massive achievement...

Indians should technicaly have a 100% rate of qualifying for finals in World T20s. They are yet to win a World T20, despite the best T20 comp in the world in IPL..

Wait,couldn't even play their own country's WT20 final eh? How sad..Now that is inability, despite spending tonnes in auctions and giving the best facilities. And their fans go berserk by winning a Tri Nations tournament that fetures BAN and a second string SL team

cnerd123

likes this
Hong Kong have less than a thousand people playing cricket and 3 turf pitches and even we managed to beat Bangladesh in a T20.

You're not impressive.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yaay,

Best team in T20Is,

There's a 50% chance SL will end up in Finals in Wt20s, for a country that is grief-stricken with a proper T20 league, that's a massive, massive achievement...

Indians should technicaly have a 100% rate of qualifying for finals in World T20s. They are yet to win a World T20, despite the best T20 comp in the world in IPL..

Wait,couldn't even play their own country's WT20 final eh? How sad..Now that is inability, despite spending tonnes in auctions and giving the best facilities. And their fans go berserk by winning a Tri Nations tournament that fetures BAN and a second string SL team
I hope you post more, Randy. You are funny. Also, check your stats.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yaay,

Best team in T20Is,

You missed Jayasuriya, Aravinda and Muralitharan.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yaay,

Best team in T20Is,

Erm.. they did win the inaugural one? Which is what led to the formation of the IPL and various T20 leagues all over the world.

Not that it particularly matters. The Nidahas Trophy is the biggest one in town now.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yaay,

Best team in T20Is,

This is a Pollock's Rating of Sri Lanka's T20 team.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Erm.. they did win the inaugural one? Which is what led to the formation of the IPL and various T20 leagues all over the world.

Not that it particularly matters. The Nidahas Trophy is the biggest one in town now.
I meant since IPL

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You seem to rate Murali higher as a batsman than most people would, but fair enough.