• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Nidahas Tri-Series T20I Trophy 2018

cnerd123

likes this
He just looks terrible when you watch him bat though. Like Sourabh Tiwary. Yeah, he's won us a few matches here and there and has a good FC record, but..
my mistake i didn't realise we were picking 'most aesthetically pleasing XI', I thought we were picking a side to win cricket games

Carry on

anaksr

U19 Debutant
How about

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni
KL
DK
Pandya

That sounds like something we should be looking at for the WC.
Only issue with this line up is KL. He seems to struggle in every position except opening. Rather take Jadhav. He's not that bad player as projected. His strange bowling is bonus.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swapping KL and Dhawan could work so well in theory. Dhawan at 5, guns blazing if requires, could work so well, especially with DK and Pandya as cover below him.

harsh.ag

Then pick him in the Domestic All Stars XI. He has a career full of beasting domestically but disappointing internationally.

Realistically, since 2015, the best ODI middle order bats we have had have been Pandey and Jadhav:

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

And their numbers are pretty decent. We should really just cut them some slack.
Jeez those are bad numbers for DK.

Jadhav is probably okay. But India needs a different kind of player at 6. Number 5 is up for grabs between Jadhav, Pandey, and KL.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
Swapping KL and Dhawan could work so well in theory. Dhawan at 5, guns blazing if requires, could work so well, especially with DK and Pandya as cover below him.
A big Noooooo. Why punish Dhawan when he is in good form as an opener. As far as I know he has never batted in middle order for any team and will struggle. Just keep KL as reserve opener and replace him with either Rohit or Dhawan in case of bad form from any one of these.IMO

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not trolling. He's legit. You're all acting like there is are better alternatives available, or that rapidly accelerating an innings is something easy to do.

It's a hard ****ing job and we were spoiled with the likes of Dhoni and Yuvraj. Pandey and Jadhav have been the best two options we have found for the middle order, they're both quality players, and they both do not deserved to be labelled hacks and dismissed after a couple of bad innings positions that aren't their specialty. We shouldn't be discarding them, we should be giving them extended runs in the middle order so that they have enough time to adapt and grow into the roles by the time the WC rolls around. This fickle chop and change attitude will mean we walk into the WC with an unproven, inexperience middle order of players no more talented than these two.

Until the next great Indian ODI finisher emerges, these are who we have. Lets make the best of it.
Raina was doing great for a long time. He definitely should be in the mix.

Pandey's a #4 batsman who isn't very good in the slog overs unless he's well set. He plays there or he doesn't play at all imo.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Raina was doing great for a long time. He definitely should be in the mix.

Pandey's a #4 batsman who isn't very good in the slog overs unless he's well set. He plays there or he doesn't play at all imo.
I have long held the view that a No 6 tonker's value usually goes underrated. When Raina comes up for ATG ODI XI positions, he gets laughed at. But, he was so good in hitting from ball one and getting a 25 ball 40 down the order which not many can do.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What I find funny about the whole Raina saga is that his main utility was always his ability do well at a role others have tended to struggle to excel in, and yet when he was finally recalled to India's limited overs setup they batted him at three. India have lots of top order options, there's no need to make Raina into one.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I have long held the view that a No 6 tonker's value usually goes underrated. When Raina comes up for ATG ODI XI positions, he gets laughed at. But, he was so good in hitting from ball one and getting a 25 ball 40 down the order which not many can do.
Agree with this. Add to that Raina's composure and his experience of leading India out of tricky spot many times in crunch games, and he becomes more valuable than some of the more technically adept alternatives. With downfall of Dhoni and Yuvraj, we absolutely need to invest in Raina.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, who brought Nagin (snake) dance into international cricket? Can we not keep some of our dirty Indian/sub-continental secrets under the wraps?

Gnske

You know, I woke up this morning and realized something. I had nothing to live for, nothing to keep me going to later hours of the evening without the Nidahas trophy to entertain me in this miserable and meaningless, hollowed life I live.

Is drowning as peaceful as they say?

Athlai

Not Terrible
You know, I woke up this morning and realized something. I had nothing to live for, nothing to keep me going to later hours of the evening without the Nidahas trophy to entertain me in this miserable and meaningless, hollowed life I live.

Is drowning as peaceful as they say?
Lol this one got me

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gnske's posts about the Nidahas Trophy are nearly as funny as Bangladesh's choke yesterday. :D

This trophy should have got its own subforum TBF.. I mean, the Ashes gets one. Maybe next time.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
I thought SL team did pretty well without their top T20Iplayers and not having a proper T20 competition on their own.

India had a massive support from SL at the ground cos of BAN antics the other day.